You Were Meant To Be Mine~

"Where is he?"

A long silence followed. Midoriya smirking, staring down at Bakugou. Their eyes never left each others.

"Deku if you don't tell me, I swear to god I'll kill you and look for him myself."

That only seemed to egg Midoriya on more, enjoying the rise that he could so easily get from Bakugou. It was like a form of entertainment, an interest, to him. He liked seeing Bakugou getting angry, upset, scared, nervous, happy. He liked seeing his emotions shift, his expressions change. Midoriya liked him.

The small crackles coming from Bakugou's palm seemed to bring Midoriya back to attention.

"Oh, Kirishima? He's here."

The blonde's eye twitched.

"Where's 'here' Deku, which hall way, which room. Tell me where he actually is."

Midoriya shrugged, still smirking.

"I could tell you", he said, advancing forward, forcing Bakugou to move backwards.

"Or I could kill him."

Bakugou launched forward, grabbing Midoriya by the throat and slamming him to the floor. Bakugou put his knee in the other's stomach, pinning him down.

Midoriya didn't seem surprised. He still had that incredibly infuriating smirk plastered to his face, as if he knew this was going to happen. As if he knew Bakugou would attack him.

"I'll kill you."

Midoriya lifted his hand, and Bakugou expected him to try and attack.

But he didn't. He simply waved his hand, motioning for someone to enter the room.

The door on the other side of the room slowly opened and in walked Dabi, pulling a chain in his hand.

Bakugou squinted, wondering what was going on. But his eyes widened when he realized who was on the other end of the chain.

Kirishima. Passed out Kirishima.

He quickly tried to run to his best friend, lunging off of and away from Midoriya.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you", he said, getting to his feet now that Bakugou was off of him.

Dabi pulled a gun from his back pocket and held it to Kirishima's head. If the red head were awake, he could've easily activated his quirk and the two could have escaped together. But he was unconscious and unaware of the situation.

So, as per usual, everything was up to Bakugou.

"Jesus Christ, Deku! What's with this damn obsession? I honestly don't get it! I hate you, I've always hated you, and yet you seem hellbent on getting me to join the League. Are you seriously so far gone that you would hurt Kirishima just to get to me? He was your friend too, damn it!"

Midoriya shook his head, frowning.

"See you're wrong there Kacchan. Friends don't give up on each other and he gave up on me. Every single person gave up on me! Our so called friends from UA, the pro-heroes, my own mother, everyone stopped after a single year. It was like I never existed, like I never mattered. But you never gave up, did you? You were always around, always subtly looking for me, subtly caring about me. I watched you, Kacchan. I watched the number of times you lost sleep over the fact that I was gone. I watched you drift away from our pretend friends and the fake heroes. I have always been in your mind, your thoughts, unlike every other person I have met. You are the one who has always cared for me, even if you say otherwise. That's why I need you, and that's why you will come with me, whether you like it or not. We're destined for each other, our souls are connected. You were meant to be mine."

Both Bakugou and Midoriya were so distracted and shocked by the latter's confession that they didn't realize that Kirishima was awake.

Okay, so first off I wanna apologize for having been so inactive lately, I know it's been over a month since I last updated this book. My father passed away about two weeks ago and I have been so out of it and distracted that I couldn't bring myself to write. With the summer coming, I'm going to try to be more active and write more often since it's something I really enjoy. Also, I apologize that this chapter is so short. I wanted to get something posted for you guys, and I wanted it to end on a cliff hanger so this is where I ended up. I promise the chapters will be longer in the future. Thanks so much for the people who stick with this book and with me, it really means a lot! 💜

(P.S. if you understand the reference of the title and the last sentence in Midoriya's confession, you're my new best friend lol)