29. To Protect

“Now I’m no virgin. The beast had me, but wants more.”

“This is my fate and it has been sealed.” – Ava Goodchild

“I want you.”

Caspian purred out. “To bear my pups as my mate.”

Closing it off with a kiss.

I closed my eyes, taking in the sensation of his hands roaming over my body.

His angelic voice and dark long hair sweeping across his face beautifully. All like a magical fantasy.

“Do you want it too? Do you want me?” he asked.

That was it.

I didn’t know.

I didn’t know what I wanted anymore.

“I missed you, Caspian.” I replied truthfully.

Totally ignoring his questions.

“I miss you.”

I woke up in my room, with my eyes coated around my tears. It must have been from the dream I had.

And perhaps, my body’s way of saying it craved our mate. Ever since the tournament with Lydia, he won’t talk to me.

Not that I didn’t have much on my plate already.

I mean since that day with Tania, I had a hard time trusting people’s true intentions.

How did she succeed in covering her love with hate?

Felicia was another mystery to unravel.

I had a hard time trusting her as my assistant. This was why I wanted Emily to be by my side till we figured something out.

“Your food, My Knight.”

Cassandra said with a bow, bringing a silver platter with some meal and berries by the side.

That jeered me out of my thoughts.

“Didn’t even hear you come in.” I remarked, as she dropped it on the table.

“I made sure to knock as usual. You seemed lost in thoughts, Lady Ava.” she stated.

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah sure.” I answered with a smile. “Join me.”

“I’m afraid duty calls, My Knight.” she said with a bow. “Perhaps later should sound okay with you.”

“Oh, that’s fine Cass.”

I answered as I ate.

My wolf tugged at me but I ignored her. She wished our mate held us while we slept at night.

I also felt glad a bit because this was the first time I ate without having to struggle for food.

And the first time I’d be served with a silver platter and not a bronze as a pawn.

“Send these to Emily and Piper if you don’t mind.”

I muttered, giving her a fair share for them while she was leaving.

“As you wish, milady.” she said with a bow.

After she went out, someone knocked on the door.

“Come in.”

Felicia immediately entered with the book of rules in her hands.

“Lady Ava, I have come to inform you of what you have to do as the castle’s Knight.” she spoke fiercely.