25 if i was a rich girl

see, i'd have all the money in the world, if i was a wealthy girl.
no man could test me, impress me, my cash flow would never ever end.
cause i'd have all the money in the world, if i was a wealthy girl.
GWEN STEFANI

CHAPTER 25  TEST OF FAITH

CHAPTER 25 TEST OF FAITH

the evening passed quickly, with pumpkin decorations adorning the building, the ceiling, and even the candle holders, and the quiet added to the creepy atmosphere.

it was at this point that y/n and her classmates arrived at their assigned spot. where the faith test had started

you, albedo, xiao, and a fellow classmate, bennett, were stationed just next to the stairwell, eagerly waiting for some people to stroll down the corridor.

following 30 minutes had cruised by, not a solitary individual had been terrified by them, causing them four to get bored while bennett was having a mental breakdown due to his fear of ghosts or whatnot, especially given the spooky environment.

but things became much worse when xiao decided to open his lips, recalling one of the rumors that venti used to tell him about.

"i heard a white lady showed up as the clock struck midnight," he said, looking out the window at the clock tower, while albedo leaned against the wall, pondering fresh ideas for his upcoming experiment.

then suddenly, albedo chimed in, "one of the kids who returned to the building owing to missing something and going back to recover it, spotted a white lady wandering in the halls around midnight."

when bennett heard such remarks from them, his condition deteriorated tenfold, while you groaned and stated.

"you people are frightening him away; the poor boy is ready to pee in his pants," you pointed out, caressing the boy on the back to calm him down. the other two did nothing except shrug their shoulders.

"it's true, isn't it?" bennett uttered, his soul had already left his body till you slap it back inside.

"of course not, ghosts don't exist; they're just made-up stories to terrify you," you stated before bringing out a book with the title "how to avoid being scared by evil spirits."

when you showed them a book, albedo and xiao cocked their heads to the side.

"i got this book in the event when i heard you were afraid of ghosts but eager to participate!" you started, opening the book to the absolute first page and reading the contents out loud.

"how to avoid being terrified by bad spirits: number one, believe that everything will be okay; number two, believe that they do not exist; number three, be brave... and-"

bennett had abruptly cut you off. "it's okay! i'll probably still attract more ghosts owing to my terrible luck," bennett remarked, causing you to murmur and close the book.

"if you say so then."

regardless of what your opinions were, the boy appeared to be about to shit his pants when he gets startled.

albedo was going to speak out when they heard something tumble down the stairs from nowhere.

the four of them froze, refusing to glance at the source and remaining in place for a moment. bennett was already clinging to your figure, and xiao had moved out of his spot to investigate.

followed by you and albedo as bennett hid behind your body. albedo furrowed his brows in bewilderment as he saw a skull head on the ground.

as xiao was going to snatch the skull, a figure in white garments emerged on top of the flight of stairs.

mumbling about their skull who just had tumbled down as of late.

"my skull..."

bennett yelled and grabbed the person next to him, which happened to be albedo, before fleeing the scene, pulling albedo with him.

leaving y/n and xiao alone, which made the young lady screech when the two had left them and the manner in which chills went through her spine when she completely saw the figure's face.

it appeared to be rather frightening.

becoming a pussy. that's when you turned around and sprinted in the opposite direction, causing xiao to follow close after.

bennett's shouts could still be heard from the other corner as the two of you took another step. your foot managed to catch on something, nearly tripping you, when a net caught both of you.

"bitch!" you yelled, cursing the person who laid the trap. then your gaze fell on xiao, who happened to be below you, and noticed the crimson tinge on the tops of his ears.

'what an embarrassing scenario,' you thought to yourself before dismissing your thoughts and returning your attention to the unpleasant circumstance you had found yourself in.

you heaved out a sigh and pulled a dagger from your pocket, something you kept on you at all times for self-defense.

"i'll be cutting the net with this dagger, so don't move too much or i'll hit you accidentally," you said, to which xiao nodded.

you grinned as if to persuade him that you could handle it on your own. as you rapidly began cutting the net, you leaned your chest closer to him.

the crimson tints in xiao's ears remained indifferent to you, and he vowed to god that he was in control of his hormones that were kicking in when you pressed your chest against his face.

his amber eyes lingered on your chest as he waited for you to do your thing, quietly praying to the archons that you wouldn't feel the boner that had appeared as a result of you.

after what seemed like a decade, you eventually cut the ropes and successfully released the two of you. with a loud thud, the two of you tumbled to the ground, you still being on top of xiao, who grumbled.

she could feel something below her that came from xiao just as the h/c-haired girl was going to get up. the duo stayed still in their places, while a smirk before long arose on the side of her lips.

"i never knew you'd have a boner," you taunted, smirking at him, and xiao rolled his eyes before shoving you off him.

"shut it."

END OF CHAPTER 25 !

⟶ chapter written; april 29 2022

chapter written; april 29 2022

so, with this book, i finally made up for y/n's personality. she'll be similar to haruhi fujioka, but more of a crackhead and sometimes a tease. also, y/n slander isn't permitted here, and i'm attempting to create a well-written character that readers will like. thank you :))