Bouns: 4 Finding Her.

Five years later

The brown color on the paintbrush that was in my hand looks darker in dim light. My hand moves in the focus of the curve, giving the last details to the painting I move back.

The back of the head of the girl looks forward to the garden, giving a slight view of her pale skin and long eyelashes. The peak of her small nose, and full view of her dark brown hair from behind.

She looks beautiful, even though I can't see her face. I knew she seemed to be happy from the way her hand was touching the red rose. Full of greenery and a colorful garden, she seems to be the most beautiful and brightest flower.

My Little Flower.

I smiled at the thought, nodding myself in satisfaction at the art I created. One of my new hobbies in those 5 years is keeping me and Ric sane.

That child must be 5 years old today. I already had her present like every year.

I looked at the picture, even though it wasn't a 5-year-old girl but at least a 17 or 18-year-old girl. That's how I imagine her, that's how Ric told me she'll look like. A happy and blooming flower.

Ric can see her, talk to her, be with her in the sense no one can see not even herself. He makes sure to keep her safe, away from any danger that can even cause her slightest scratch.

Ric was gifted with that, but we can't go to her or touch her. How we wish to be with her in every important moment. Making her smile, wiping her tears, I can get her in a minute with the help of Ric. But it's not possible because if we get her, she will be in danger because of us.

Therefore, I want her to live her life to the fullest before she comes here because the moment she will come here, we will never let her go, even if that means having her with her hate. She will hate me, but that would be more than enough for me. A feeling from her. For me.

I know what we are doing is wrong, but she needs to be aware of whom she belongs. Ric can't help it, and neither I can. We are connected to her from the day she took her first breath in this world.

We heard her cry, laughing, feeling her sadness and joy. We laugh with her, cry with her.  From the day she was born, our every emotion depends on her. Nonetheless, she is such a kind-hearted and calm child.

"Hello?" A small voice came in through my ear. A wide grin took over my lips.

"Hello, little flower!" I said softly, keeping my voice low to not startle her, only to hear the most beautiful sound in the world. Her happy giggles.

She often tries to talk to us, when we talk to her, she replies or just randomly calls us out. She knows we are there for her, just not with her yet.

"Mr, scary voice?" She squeals, mispronouncing scary in her baby voice. That's what she calls us.

"Hmm?" A smile never left my face, Ric coos at her adorable voice.

"Her cheeks are so red from laughing!" Ric said purring. That bloody animal.

"Hi...," She giggled again checking if I was here or not.

This time I didn't answer. She needs to not remember our interaction, just a few warnings from Ric to keep her safe. Titus said it can mess her mind up, after all. She is a human, a baby.

In a year our interactions were really small, today was her birthday, so I just wanted to hear her talk to me.

I heard her crying, breaking my heart. I felt my eyes watering again, it always happens whenever she cries, especially because of me. She just wants to hear my voice and I just want to hold her in my arms.