Epilogue

Jayden's POV

5 years later

They say that you will never truly understand something until it happens to you.

I honestly never paid much attention to this saying until realistic things happening in my own life started weighing much on it and opening my eyes to how everything I was once told about this big mystery called life started unfolding before my own eyes and manifesting in my life.

Many a time, Dad would tell me about how marriage and fatherhood changed his life greatly for the better and it barely made any meaningful sense to me, but right now in this very moment, bonding with my baby and showering her with unconditional love made it all make perfect sense.

There was something inexplicably intoxicating about seeing our precious bundle of joy happy with a radiant smile on her face. That smile had to be the prettiest thing I had ever seen, for it extended deep into my soul and filled me with joy. I couldn't resist smiling back at her with an even brighter smile, placing the spoon I had been feeding her yoghurt with back into the yoghurt container.

Her kindly eager ocean blue eyes strayed to the yoghurt container and she anchored her attention on the contents. She started bouncing up and down on her bottom, her eyes wide and mouth partly open. There was still quite plenty left to feed her and the idea thrilled her.

I scooped a spoonful of yoghurt and she clapped her hands, mouth now as wide open as she could get it. In her mouth, the spoon went and she clamped her lips around it. She babbled in satisfaction. For each spoonful, she opened wide and swallowed it down. She probably had no idea how much joy it brought me to see her this lively and enthusiastic, enjoying my company as much as I enjoyed hers.

Feeding Leila was easy; I just had to keep up and make sure there was enough to satisfy her. Unlike her elder siblings when they were around her age, she loved her food and was happy to eat anything Kyra or I gave her especially when she was hungry.

In no time, she had finished all of it and was gesturing for more. I put the container down and held her tiny hand in mine. "You want more, honey?" I cooed, squeezing her tiny hand gently. Her eyes twinkled as she babbled incoherent words that I interpreted as a yes.

I planted a sweet kiss on her tiny hand. "I'll go get some more, okay?" I assured her, but she curled her tiny fingers tightly around my thumb and frowned a little as if begging me to stay. My heart melted like usual and I rubbed my forehead gently against hers. She loved it when I did that and it easily rubbed onto me.

"Some more yoghurt for Leila, honey," I called out to Kyra who was busy making breakfast in the kitchen with our firstborns, our twins.

"Coming right up!" she called back and in less than a minute, familiar heartwarming giggles and footsteps approached. Eliana was right in front of Asher, running with a sealed container of yoghurt in her hands. They were a vibrant duo, enthusiastic and ever energetic.

I could clearly remember the magical night they were born and I held our tiny angels in my arms for the first time. They weren't the only ones crying that night. I too was crying my heart out like a baby. I couldn't control myself and honestly, I didn't want to either because this was one of the most beautiful things that had ever happened to me alongside having the strongest and most beautiful woman in the entire world as the mother of our children.

Our first babies were a double blessing, a boy and a girl. They were the first fruits of the love Kyra and I shared for each other and they were a major part of the family Kyra and I had built with so much love. Once we had them, our lives changed forever. Despite all the early morning wake-ups, hectic schedules and temper tantrums, we couldn't have it any other way.