Chapter two.

The next seven years after our first year were eventful for myself and Newt, halfway through our second year, one of our professors were killed by a Gellert Grindelwald for protecting Muggles, which seemed to put Professor Dumbledore on edge for a few weeks, especially when I was around, which I didn't fully come to understand for a few more years. The second year was fine other than that, we finally got to choose our specific subjects that we would be taking for the last four years of schooling, we could choose Quidditch class or Understanding the Beasts class, I probably don't need to tell you which one myself and Newt choose. But for the remainder of the year we were stuck having to do the History of Magic classes, which were awful in every way possible, but one more year and we would be together for every single year.

Then our third year came around, me and Newt started to stow away from classes a lot more to find abandoned beasts and rescue them, we got into a lot of trouble for that. The only class we were ever guaranteed to attend would be our potions and Beasts classes, and any lessons we knew we would have Dumbledore for, he always helped, he never judged and he understood us and wouldn't let us get into too much trouble if he could help it. Our third year also brought us closer than ever, we were now 14 years old, and we were doing normal teenage things, we found a bottle of alcohol in one of the older years bags the one night, and we drank the full thing between us. We weren't that drunk, because the alcohol was some homemade stuff that had barely any in it, but we were merry at that point, and that night we ended up having a conversation and we found out neither of us had kissed anyone, so we kissed each other, which was very awkward when Dumbledore found us passed out in the cupboard where we were hiding the next morning. I have since lost count of how many times Dumbledore saved us from detentions by saying we were running errands for him, which usually resulted in us having an extra work load to catch up on everything we missed in the classes, other than that, the third year was okay, but nothing would prepare us for the start of our fourth year.

Nothing was compared to the trouble we got into just after our fourth year started. It started as any other day, we were in Newt's briefcase, a gift from his mother that could house many different beasts within it due to an extension curse, we didn't notice the clasps weren't closed, and one of our beasts got out and started running around the building. It was completely harmless, but he was confiscated and myself and Newt were placed in front of the Ministry of Magic for a trail, we were expelled from the school, and this is when I found out about my father and what he really was. As we were leaving the school, I heard one of the professors mumble, "She truly does have her fathers wicked blood, a true Grindelwald."

I was shocked of course, and that night, after a long lecture from my mother about being expelled from school, I confronted her about what I had heard and she told me everything, I was the daughter of Gellert Grindelwald and there was nothing I could do about it, and now I was going to have to break that news to Newt, he deserved to know. So that night I wrote him a long letter, telling him everything my mother had told me and sent it by owl to him:

Dearest Newt,

I write with a heavy heart about the news I have just been informed of. What we heard as we were leaving Hogwarts was no mistake, I am the daughter of Gellert Grindelwald. My mother berated me for our expulsion and how recklessly we acted with the Demiguise, but when I asked her about I had heard, I have never seen someone pale so quickly, I knew it then to be true. She didn't try to deny it and instead told me everything. It was a summer romance apparently, how I earned my name as the roses were just blooming in the fields, but when he started to grow distant, pulling away every time she asked of marriage as she was expecting myself, he would disappear for days on end, and then one day he didn't come back. She heard years later about what he had been doing, how he had spent his years, even while he was with her, it sickened her and she swore I would never know him. She changed my name, legally I am Johnson, but by blood I am a Grindelwald. I hope you do not hate me for this and I hope it does not change how your family thinks of myself and my mother, I enjoy your company and my mother enjoys speaking with yours. Please write soon, I will wait expectantly.

Rosaline. X

I would only have to wait a few days for an owl to fly through into our question with his response, my mother stood beside me as I read out Newt's letter:

My Dearest Rosaline,

I could never hate you, you are the one person in my life who understands no matter what. We do not have to speak to understand each other and that is rare. My mother says it is ridiculous that you would think such a thing, she enjoys seeing you and your mother very much as well. There has been no change in the way myself or my family think of you and your mother, we shall visit soon if that is acceptable?

I was also berated heavily for my expulsion, I should have known better than to take it on faith that the clasps would simply close by themselves, I should have checked. I can never apologise enough for brining you down with me, I hope you can forgive me for this.

For now, I must go, keep safe, Newt. X

P.S. you shall always be Rosaline JOHNSON to me.