Get It Right

'Girl, really?! Damn, that's some fucked up shit. I read about those Lyons. They have a son, man is he fine, but guess what he actually peed in a bar. Like public indecency and he even smashed Obama.' Keyla gushed as she loosened up as the liquor finally set in. Shawn was literally touching the sky with how high she was.

'My family? How can those people be my family? They probably doesn't even know I exist, Keyla. I want to try and fix this but I never broke it.' Shawn sobered up quickly as she remembered that night with Cookie.
Her eyes were closed.

The feelings rushed in. Her eyes slowly opened and a light bulb went on over her head. It was crazy, but necessary.

She was going to go and meet her family.

--

'What do you mean she's not here? Don't you have a tracking device in her cell phone or her car...' Cookie seemed to believe that the Steelsons were the typical overprotective family that installed many measures for safety precautions.

She was right.

But...

'I turned it off since she was 18. I didn't want her to feel like we didn't trust her to make the right decision.' Antonio admitted as he ran a hand through his hair with a look of worry that matched his wife's.

It was not his fault.

Cookie pulled out her cell phone and handed it to Sharon. If she called her then she might be able to save the number inside her phone. Sharon figured this and went ahead with it anyway.

'Hello Shawn? Are you okay? Where are you?' Cookie didn't want the girl to hang up on her so she said her name given to by Sharon and didn't ask too many intrusive questions.

She stared at the Steelsons in shock. It wasn't something she wanted Shawn? Ciara? to do on her own. She wanted the girl to come out with her by her side.

'Are you sure you want to do that?' Cookie finally asked. The look on her face changed to one of understanding. This calmed the Steelsons who had been hanging on her words and expressions. 'Fine, I can do that.'

Cookie hung up and quickly picked up her purse and jacket, ready to exit. Sharon stepped in her way.

'Where's our daughter?'

'She's not in any danger. She just went to face one sick, sadistic bastard.' Cookie hissed as she stood toe to toe with Sharon. They had no beef but there was no way in hell Cookie was going to back down.

'Who are you talking about?' Sharon and Antonio asked simultaneously.

Cookie smirked darkly.

'My two faced ass husband, the "great" Lucious Lyon.'

--

Shawn didn't know she could make it to her destination within 3 hours of driving. And in that time her and Keyla talked as much as possible about any and everything. The girl was her ride or die, or so she thought.

The building they stopped in front of was classic in architecture, nothing too over the top.

Shawn stumbled out of the car before straightening herself like she hadn't. It was okay because nobody knew what she knew. Her secret was not on her forehead. Was it? Shawn almost had a heart attack before putting up her iPhone front camera and sighing in relief.

'Are you going crazy, Shawn? Or what? Wait, can I call you Ciara now?! That would be so dope. Yo Ciara, what's up?' Keyla was just too silly to be mad at for too long. Shawn bumped her as she walked over to the girl and gave her a look.

They both stared up a the building one last time before putting one foot before the other.

--

Jamal exited his dad's office with a look of annoyance. He hadn't seen the girl about to bump into him. She fell to the floor with a gasp of shock and frustration.

'I'm sorry--' He started.

'Watch where you are going, damn!' Shawn cut him off.

They glared at each other once they realized that Shawn was not about to back down regardless if the fall was her fault or not. Which it was.

She had been checking her phone to make sure her parents weren't too worried about her.

'Well you could be a little more considerate, seeing as I apologized and you didn't.' Jamal hissed in an even more disgusted and frustrated state. Shawn brushed off her shorts and nodded slowly. Maybe she had been too rude.

'My apologies. I just got some life changing news on my 18th birthday. You wouldn't happen to know where Lucious Lyon's office is?' Shawn finally asked not even realizing Keyla's silence. She looked back to find the other girl looking at big photos of the man in her photo frame at home. 'Is that him?' Shawn walked over with a finger pointed directly at the man in front of and behind the Empire.

'Who's asking?' A deep voice asked out of the silence that had came over the three.

They all turned to see who had spoken.

Who should be there?

Anika, Hakeem, Andre, Vernon, Bunkie, or Lucious.