Chapter 102: The Gallant and the Puppeteer

"You're meeting one of the strongest in the whole country," the man said, grinning at him with a wave of pride surging through his body and mind.

"And mind you, she's quite young - as young as you are, big shot." He took note of such words and entered the room that inhabited one of the strongest in the whole country that they stood on.

"This is the leader of this group..." The man splattered a name that he just barely took notice and just stood there.

Amazed by such a sight.

She was beautiful, the young boy concluded.

For a moment, he analyzed the attire that she wore alongside the calm and collected look on her face.

A black turtleneck that complemented and magnified the way she held herself; and jeans that were as dark as the depths of a cave.

"Welcome... to my enterprise," she told him.

He was brought back to reality.

She was...

~~~

They clashed, fire and sand colliding with one another. An explosion appeared, heat burning down numerous buildings all around them.

This is bad. Thought Jiraiya, dodging a barrage of iron sand that hurled itself towards him at incredible speed. He whirled himself a Rasengan, slamming it downward on the coarse ground.

As debris launched it self from all sides, Jiraiya gained the momentary advantage and flitted away, sweat peeling off of his olden skin.

Sasori dashed forward, a crazed grin appearing on his face.

"Hey! You can feel it, huh?! Your defeat is near!" He screamed, his speed increasing as the iron sand trailed behind him at insane speeds.

Jiraiya grunted, feeling the scorching heat that trickled down his neck. He jumped forward, a Rasengan covered in flickering flames rotating in the palm of his hands.

"Defeat? You're an arrogant guy." Grinning, Jiraiya squashed down the iron sand with ferocious intent, the iron lighting up in fire as it crossed the land with swiftness.

Gritting his teeth, Sasori pushed himself away, letting the iron sand that had been caught on fire become nothing but trash. The sand dropped to the ground, the fire consuming its core like a parasite.

Sasori jumped, attaching himself on one of the buildings that didn't get lit on fire. Their hearts beat in perfect harmony as they continued to fight.

Sasori scaled through the walls of the building, the iron sand trailing all around him with such elegance and speed. Another batch of wings formed, letting Sasori become bird-like.

Pushing himself off of the building, the wings of iron sand flapped, imitating the sound of real wings with a mixture of metallic movement harmonizing with each second and each time the wings flapped.

As the puppets under his control attacked the old Toad Sage, Jiraiya took down each and every single one of them with such ease.

Concentrating, Sasori let the iron sand roam around him, focusing it all on one point. Jiraiya huffed, seeing the item that hovered above Sasori as he looked down on him like a small ant.