Find You || .025

"Valencia!" Denver was shouting over and over again. Monica was now ahead of them. Denver told her to go ahead because Ava still wasn't moving. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. She couldn't peel her eyes off of Martin on the ground. He could barely hold himself up from the bullet wound in his thigh. "Valencia! Please!" Denver was now begging her, shaking her to snap her out of her trance. Ava snapped her head, finally looking at Denver. Her eyes were red and swollen with tears. "Please, Valencia." His voice was low this time. Ava looked back at Martin when she heard him cry out in pain, being pushed to the ground by the police roughly. She didn't want to leave Martin, even though they had continuous issues the last few months. She had been with him for years now, and even though sometimes they had fights and really, they weren't soulmates, she still found it hard to leave him to be arrested. Ava took a deep breath, nodding her head quickly, finally agreeing to move. 

       "Okay." She finally agreed. "Okay." Denver offered her a small smile, but it was quick. He hurried off, not releasing her arm for the first few minutes that they were running from the police. Martin and Ava had made so many plans before coming into the heist, but they weren't even leaving together. Ava was hopefully leaving with millions of dollars, and Martin was arrested. He would probably spend his life behind bars for the robbery. "Denver." Ava finally stopped at the top of the stairs, stopping Denver the best she could. He looked at her with confusion. "I can't leave without him." Denver knew she wasn't talking about Martin this time, but he didn't want her to stop and wait for Berlin either. Denver and Ava grew a close bond as friends. They shared a lot of moments and he cared about her. He didn't want her to risk her life for Berlin, someone he wasn't even sure could have real feelings. "Go find Monica." She said this and Denver's eyes softened. He looked at her with worry still. He wrapped his arms around her quickly, pecking a kiss on her cheek in case something was to happen. When he let go of her he took a deep breath and nodded his head, slowly stepping away from her. 

       "I'll see you when you come through the tunnel." There was uncertainty in his voice as he said the words. Ava offered him a smile that she forced, tears still fresh in her eyes. It had only been a few days in the Mint, but the days had dragged on and felt like months. She couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and never return to the life of crime again. She was fine before this, but she wasn't privileged. She had a close-knit family and an okay-paying job, but she still couldn't find that happiness that she once had when she was around her childhood love. He ran off in one direction and Ava ran the opposite, hoping that Berlin would be in the direction she was going. He was going to be the last one out being the leader, and she wanted to be with him, even if it ended in prison. Ava stopped in her tracks, finding Berlin with Nairobi, getting her to shut off the machines completely. It was time for everyone to evacuate. The police weren't far behind them, and they'd have to move quickly if they wanted to escape. Berlin's eyes went straight to Ava, noticing how broken she seemed to be.

       "What happened?" Berlin stepped over to Ava, stopping directly in front of her. Ava brought a hand up and wiped away the tears. She wore her emotions right on her sleeve. 

        "Martin was arrested." She spoke his real name, not even thinking for a second of his city name. Nairobi furrowed her eyebrows, worry in her eyes now. "They shot him, and they arrested him. " She was blabbering a little now. "They were right behind Denver and me. We barely got away. We have to go." She looked from Nairobi back to Berlin. His eyes locking with hers calmed her a bit. She felt almost at ease amidst the gunfire all around them. "We have to go." She repeated the words, but this time it was firmer and less scared. "Tokyo and Rio are probably already out, and Denver and Monica probably are too." She reloaded her gun while they were waiting, and Berlin took a deep breath. He seemed to be contemplating a million things at once.