|| Chapter XXXVI ||

Word Count : 2167 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : The Hero Association Building )
( Third Person POV )

***** 2 Weeks Before The Massacre *****

"A roundtable conference in the Association Building.....?"

Shota Aizawa stared at his mobile phone, which was currently displaying a message directly from the Board of Directors. A message which informed him of a roundtable conference in an hour.

"What the hell? They haven't even written the agenda."

Midnight spoke up from beside Aizawa, as she stared at her mobile phone as well. The 2 of them, along with Hizashi Yamada, had only recently taken up teaching positions at UA.

"If it's from the Association, it must be important," Aizawa replied. "It looks like several Pros will be attending this conference as well. So it's nothing we newbies need to be worried about, right?"

"We've been in the force for 2 years now, Aizawa. We're not newbies."

"Well, compared to the others, we're newbies."

"Leaving that aside. I think we need to leave. The Association Building is pretty far from UA. Let's not dilly-dally."

After meeting up with Present Mic and Snipe, the 4 Heroes set off towards the Hero Association Building.

________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm never going to get over how gorgeous the interior of this building is....." Present Mic whistled.

The 4 Heroes arrived in the Building, and were greeted by Pro Heroes from all over Japan. Veterans, newbies and even retired Pros. It seemed to be an incredibly important meeting, for there to be this many dignitaries.

"I'm getting scared....." Present Mic whispered. Aizawa merely huffed.

The Heroes were soon led into a conference room, big enough to fit over 200 people. A large projector was placed right at the center of the table, projecting onto the massive wall across the doorway. A splendid setup, all in all.

Aizawa, Midnight, Snipe and Present Mic took their seats next to each other. Slowly, several Heroes started trickling in. Endeavor, Best Jeanist, Fourth Kind, Death Arms, Backdraft, Uwabami, Ryukyu, Gran Torino.....

"Hmm?"

Aizawa raised his eyebrows. Why isn't All Might here.....?

"All Might isn't here....." Snipe echoed the same sentiments. "Considering how big this entire gathering is, the absence of the Number One Hero is not very reassuring."

"Maybe he wasn't invited?" Midnight said uneasily.

"All Might wasn't invited? That's impossible," Snipe rebuked. "Why would the Number One Hero not be invited?"

The conversation was cut short by the lights dimming in the room, and the projector whirring to life.

The Chairwoman of the Board, Ms. Sarazaki, stood up from the rectangular table across.