Chapter 26

Cannon Fodder Chapter 26: Phoenix Awakened 26: Wrong

Exposed?

Yu Ze was surprised. The fact that his blood could cure the zombie virus was something only he and Long Yuan knew about. He really couldn't figure out how it was exposed.

"What happened?" He sat down next to Long Yuan.

Long Yuan took his hand and lifted his chin, gesturing at the holographic screen in front of him, and at the same time a voice played out. The holographic screen was showing the research lab's presentation, the topic was related to the antidote for the zombie virus.

The speaker was no stranger to Yu Ze, it was Professor Zhao whom he met just a few days ago. Yu Ze didn't know what was going on, but looking at the excited faces of the people in the room, he could guess that Professor Zhao had said something powerful.

Long Yuan explained, "He gave a full report on the entire process of making the antidote, from extracting the mycelium-like substance from the Mushroom Awakened to the finished product, including the reaction of the antidote after it was used on the infected." He paused, his tone cold, "After the demonstration, he reported on a newly discovered antidote, blood, that was even more potent than the mycelium-like substance."

"That's definitely your blood." His grip on Yu Ze tightened and he tilted his head to ask, "Did he take your blood?"

"No..." Yu Ze shook his head but suddenly thought of something, and his fingers moved, "The day I went to get the antidote with my uncle, the syringe in his hand accidentally stabbed my finger."

Long Yuan's face sank, "He definitely did it on purpose."

Yu Ze wondered, "If it was intentional and he took my blood for a purpose, how did he know that my blood is special?"

Long Yuan guessed, "Maybe something made him suspicious, or maybe your Awakened situation was special and piqued his interest."

The reporter's excited question came from the holographic screen, "Professor Zhao, is everything you said true? Is this newly discovered antidote really blood?"

Professor Zhao sounded certain, "Yes."

"Then what kind of beast's blood is it?" The reporter hurriedly asked again.

Professor Zhao looked at him and shook his head, "This is an accidental discovery. It's not clear who the blood belongs to yet. The blood analysis is currently being done and I will send out a notice when the results are available." He looked straight, "The reason I brought it up at the conference was to give everyone confidence. The appearance of the virus antidote makes me believe that we will witness history and all the lands occupied by the zombie beasts will be taken back! Watt will see a great unification."

The reporters were infected by his words and became more emotional; the atmosphere was hot.

The press conference ended and Long Yuan turned off the holographic screen.

Yu Ze's bracelet vibrated at that moment and it was an unfamiliar message with a link, "Feng Ze, you should be interested in this video."

Yu Ze clicked on it, and it was a recording of the official launch video.

Long Yuan said, "It looks like he's upset, I'll contact him."

Yu Ze grabbed his wrist, "I'll contact him and see what he wants to do."

Long Yuan hesitated for a moment and nodded his head.

Yu Ze dialed the communication and the other party quickly answered, "Feng Ze, I hope I didn't disturb your rest."