Chapter 27

Cannon Fodder Chapter 27: Phoenix Awakened 27: Kill

Professor Zhao had thought before announcing that the blood that could cure the zombie virus belonged to Yu Ze. He wanted to speak with evidence, to tell the conspiracy theorists that he and the Long family did not set this up.

He was just telling the truth.

He had just put his heart down, only to be informed that the police had received a report and he was now being investigated.

At lunchtime, Long Yuan received the police's findings that Professor Zhao was involved in a lot of inhumane research and was detained for breaking the law.

Long Yuan's face rose with anger and he grabbed Yu Ze's hand, "I knew his words couldn't be trusted. If you checked in with him, who knows what he would do to you."

Yu Ze scanned the message and saw some of the research information inside. His brow furrowed in discomfort, it was too cruel.

Long Yuan closed the bracelet, "Don't be afraid, he won't have a chance to come out."

Yu Ze looked at him helplessly, "I'm not afraid."

He was afraid his guts were not as big as a chicken in Long Yuan's heart.

After the meal, Father Long said, "The Kunlin Mountain case is almost finished, this matter has a wide involvement. The upper level of your department has a lot of staff changes, the next few days there will be no school. A'Yuan, ZeZe, stay at home. Do not go out."

Long Yuan nodded his head.

Father Long looked at Yu Ze, "I will arrange someone to set up a research group as soon as possible, you take good care of yourself."

Mother Long said, "ZeZe don't be afraid, mom will have the kitchen give you stewed tonic to ensure that even after your blood is drawn, you won't feel anything."

Yu Ze said, "...Thank you, Mother Long."

He didn't think he needed to be so serious, after all, only a hundred milliliters of blood would be drawn for the first time and it wouldn't affect him at all. But not wanting to disappoint his elders' concern, he still answered obediently.

Father Long went to the military department to arrange the research group, while Long Yuan and Yu Ze trained at home. Shortly after they ate, the two went to the training ground on the left side of the first floor of Long's house.

Yu Ze started with the simplest fighting techniques, and thanks to the benefits of being an Awakened, his memory was much better than before. Long Yuan demonstrated once, and he could remember it, but his posture was not quite accurate so Long Yuan was there to correct him.

When he was well-practiced, Long Yuan and he practiced against each other and trained him on the moves. After a long day, the two of them were drenched in sweat, and they only stopped when Mother Long asked them to prepare for dinner.

Yu Ze sat on the floor panting, and Long Yuan leaned over and reached out to him, "Do you want me to carry you to your room?"

Yu Ze accepted his hand and used his strength to get up, "No."

Long Yuan took him outside and let out a low laugh, "I know you're shy, otherwise I would have just carried you away."

After all, from the training room back to their room, they needed to pass through the hall, and were likely to meet his parents. With the nature of his little Phoenix, he would definitely be shy.

The corners of Yu Ze's mouth lifted slightly, and he knew very well that Long Yuan was saying what he was really thinking. He honestly said what he felt, "You're so sweet."