Prologue

"I'm Lee Jinsu, and I want to-"

"NEXT"

"I'm Choi Shin Yu-"

"NEXT!!"

"My name is I-"

"NEXT!"

"But I haven't even finished yet-"

"NO BUTS, I ALREADY SAID NEXT SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SIGHT, WILL YA?" the applicant stomped his way out of Karina aka The Bigtime Boss' office. Karina just groaned out of frustration, her friends behind her just shook their head.

"You know whay Yu, stop scaring those poor applicants, they just wanted to apply but you kept on yelling, chill your goddamn ass will ya?" her bestfriend, Giselle blurted out. Karina just scoffed and raised an eyebrow at her, Giselle quickly gave her an apologetic look which made the latter sighed. 

" You know what, let's call it a day, I'm exhausted." Karina said and her friends nodded in response. She was about to walk away when a staff came running to approach her. Karina gave the staff a 'what's-with-the-hurry' look

" Ma'am, there's still an applicant outside, I think she's the last one." the staff said while catching her breath, Karina furrowed her eyebrows.

"Tell that goddamn applicant that we're done for the day." Karina commanded but the staff shook her jead which made her furious.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I already told her that we're already finished and we're ready to pack up, but she kept on insisting to let her apply." Karina scoffed at what she heard. 

"Really? A girl? Go tell that girl that we're looking for a bodyguard, not a fucking maid, don't make me laugh." Karina said that made her friends from behind burst out laughing. 

"That's kinda harsh Rina." Yeji said that made Ryujin rolled her eyes.

"Well that's kinda true, what's a girl gonna do with a man's job?" Yeji lifted both of her arms as a sign of defeat.

"Shut your misogynistic asses up, Ryujin, Karina." Giselle hushed them but Karina didn't even bother. The staff immediately followed her boss' order and went to applicant who was waiting outside. 

"let's go guys, that girl won't wait for too long, for sure." Karina said and her friends gave her an 'okay' look. When they were about to open the exit door, the staff came back, rushing, and that made them flinched except for Karina. A hint of annoyance can be seen on her face.

"Ma'am she won't leave even if I told her many times, I even pushed her away, she kept on insisting." the staff, once again, was out of breath. Karina felt a little bit interested. 

"I guess you don't have a chouce but to give that brat a chance." Giselle said that made Karina smirked. A wild grin started to form from her mouth that send shivers to the people around her.

"I got a bad feeling about this." Yeji whispered to Ryujin, but the latter just mimicked her as a way of teasing.

"Whatever." Yeji bitterly said that made Ryujin chuckled. Their attention was diverted to Karina as soon as she spoke.

" Let her in, I wanna see that brat's face." the staff, once again, rushed outside to fetch the applicant. Karina and her friend took their seat and waited for the said 'apllicant'. Karina couldn't stop smirking that made Giselle worried.

"Hey, I might be dumb but please don't do anything stupid to hurt the girl." Giselle said worriedly. Karina just rolled her eyez and sent death glares to her bestfriend.

"I'm not like you Aeri Uchinaga, remember, I'm the smartass here." Giselle just let out a deep sigh. Karina took a glance at her wristwatch. Yes, she is impatient.

"What took them so lon-" Karina didn't finishdd her statement when the applicant finally stepped in.

"I'm Kim Minjeong, Winter for short, and I'm here to apply as your bodyguard." Karina was speechless for a moment as soon as she saw thr girl. She's not ingo same sex but this girl definitely caught her attention. Few minutes later and Karina came back to her senses. She scoffed to insult Winter but the latter didn't even flinched.

"But you're a girl." Karina blurted out and chuckled. 

"And what about that?" Winter asked in an intimidating tone. Karina was taken aback from her question, no one has ever talked back to her like that.

"And what about thay, you say? Of course, I don't want some weakling protecting me, especiallg you're a girl." Karina smirked and intimidated the girl in front of her, but once again, Winter didn't even flinched, not for a second.

"You don't even know what I'm capable of. Just let me be your bodyguard and I will make sure that you're always safe, no matter what." Karina could see the sincerity in her eyes. She stood up and left the room without saying a word that left her friends dumbfounded. An awkward silence filled the room but Giselle was able to break the ice.

"I guess you're hired Ms. Kim, I honestly feel bad for you." And they left. Winter can't help but to smile, she's been waiting for this time to come.

'I finally got a job, Ningning and I won't have to beg for others' money anymore. I vow to protect you Ms. Yu Karina, even if it cost my life, I will do my best to work hard and give you my loyalty.'

(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

this is edited.