Chapter 34

Cannon Fodder Chapter 34: I'm Not a Vampire 4: Cute

Yu Ze saw Ayr's affirmation and couldn't help but guess that Ayr could tell from other people's emotions what was going to happen next. Ayr shrugged his shoulders, "It's just a trick, you'll know it when you see it more often," he let out a low laugh and asked, "This job is interesting, right?"

Yu Ze did not find it interesting, but understood what Ayr meant by interesting. Not far from them, the noise escalated from time to time with the sound of objects falling. He asked, "Do you usually encounter this kind of thing?"

The noise was too loud for Ayr to hear, so he turned slightly sideways and approached Yu Ze before asking in his ear, "What did you say?"

Yu Ze was not used to such a close distance. He subconsciously moved to the side, slightly raised his voice, and asked again.

Ayr raised his right eyebrow and paused for a second before answering, "Not this kind, but all kinds. Humans are interesting."

"Ah!" A painful cry came out abruptly, accompanied by the man's foul and harsh words.

Yu Ze's heart tightened and he didn't have time to think before he stepped forward, only to be grabbed by Ayr.

Ayr's hands were hard, pulling him back, pressing his shoulders so that he was leaning against the wall while the other looked down at him, "Little guy, you're too impulsive. Don't move from here."

He finished and instantly disappeared from in front of Yu Ze, followed by the sound of a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" The man asked loudly with a grumpy and panicked tone.

The woman screamed, "He's trying to kill me. Help!"

The knocking didn't stop, and no one answered.

The man cursed, went to the door and looked out the peephole, met a bloodshot eye, screamed in fear, backed up and fell to the ground.

"Ghost..."

Ayr went back to the stairwell and said to Yu Ze, "Let's go."

Yu Ze had been standing in place, only hearing the sound, and was then curious, "What did you just do?"

Ayr kept it short and sweet, "A good thing."

Yu Ze was about to ask again when his waist tightened and then his body went airborne. His eyes widened, "Wait..."

Before he could finish the word 'wait', Ayr quickly moved to the window and jumped straight down. A strong sense of weightlessness came, and Yu Ze subconsciously grabbed Ayr's shoulder.

Ayr lightly lent his strength to the windowsill and wall, and soon landed on the first floor. Yu Ze's eyes were tightly closed, and his long eyelashes cast shadows on his eyelids under the streetlight, his features were exquisite.

Ayr looked down and gave a light laugh, "It seems you don't like it."

Yu Ze opened his eyes, his eyelashes looked like a butterfly spreading its wings. Ayr's heart was slightly moved; the little guy was so pretty.

Yu Ze looked at Ayr's face close at hand, his head tilted back slightly. He hurriedly withdrew his hand on Ayr's shoulder and pulled out a more convincing reason, "I'm a little afraid of heights." His voice lowered, "Thank you, you can put me down now."

Ayr didn't put him down, but walked straight to the motorcycle and put him in the back seat.

Yu Ze hurriedly sat down, "Thank you."