the introduction.

ACT ONE
the introduction.

ACT ONEthe introduction

       ARLO SHIFTED downwards into his seat

ARLO SHIFTED downwards into his seat. Slouching into the chair as he nervously looked around the building. Despite the amount of times the boy had been in the police station, it didn't change the fact that the space made him nervous.

So as his nerves grew, making him pull at the handcuffs. A figure came into frame, the figure of Sheriff Hopper.

Arlo held back a smile, knowing Hopper was one of the easier cops to convince. So, as his words began spilling out. His tone was noticeably happy. "Hopper. You gotta believe me man, I didn't mean to steal—"

"You held a knife up at the cashier." Hopper reminded, leaning on the desk in front of him.

"On accident.."

The cheeky smile on the boy's face was far more than enough proof to know he was lying, making Hopper stand up straight. Speaking again, this time in a much more dismissive manner. "Yeah, you know what? Listen, I gotta run. Stay out of trouble—"

Hopper was cut off as Arlo quickly stood up, his handcuffs keeping his hands in front of him. "Wait, wait.. Just—please, don't tell Robert about this."

"Yeah? Why not? His son got arrested, again, I think he should know that." Hopper crossed his arms, waiting for Arlo's reasoning.

"He—he just—he'll set a curfew, I have a date tomorrow. Come on, Hop." Arlo lied.

Hopper silently glanced down at the boy's arm, examining a forming bruise for just a second before sighing.

As soon as he let out a sigh, Arlo smiled. Knowing the man had caved, once again. Hopper then opened a drawer, pulling out a small key before leaning over the table. Beginning to unlock the cuffs.

Out of the many times that Arlo had been arrested, Hopper wasn't unaware of the bruises that always seemed to occupy his arms.

While normally he would've brushed them off as teenagers doing stupid shit, the way the bruises were shaped proved that wasn't the case. There was no way.