Chapter 44

Cannon Fodder Chapter 44: My Tears Are Pearls 2: Run

Yu Ze looked at the man pleadingly, hoping that the man would take him out.

The man's eyes paused for a moment on his delicate, confused face. His eyebrows knitted quickly, and his grasped hand moved slightly, "Stand still and explain the details."

Yu Ze saw the man's expression of asking for clarification, and his heart fumed. He put down the security officer who heard the alarm so if the other people asked about the situation and did not get a response, they would soon realise that something was wrong.

If someone was sent to check on him, and saw that the staff member who fed him was missing his clothes, they would definitely look for the suspect. He was wearing an obviously ill-fitting work uniform, and was the target of attention. He had to leave before those people realized something was wrong, or he would be in trouble.

His heart was panicked and anxious, and his beautiful silver eyes were red before he could speak, "I've been brought here and abused, please, can you take me away?"

His voice was very clean, and his pleading words were clear. Anyone who heard him could not help but have a soft heart. Unfortunately, this did not include the man in front of him.

The man's expression did not move at all, "Who brought you here?" He raised his hand and pressed his right index finger on the inside of his left wrist, and a transparent electronic screen rose from his left palm, with a square box in the middle. The man said, "Scan your identity information."

Yu Ze felt like he was dying, and began shaking his head, "I don't remember. I don't want you to take me away anymore. Can you tell me where the exit is, okay?"

The man sized him up and didn't answer his question, "Raise your hand."

Yu Ze met the man's line of sight, both hands lifted up and obediently reached out to the man.

The man looked down at his hands and frowned, "You don't have an identity chip?"

Yu Ze's current identity was not human, of course he did not have an identity chip. He could not explain it and gave the most rogue answer, "I do not know."

The man closed the personal information search panel, "What do you remember?"

Yu Ze pointed to his shoulder patch, "Military. I can ask for help if I'm in trouble," his pretty eyes were full of expectation, "You will help me, right?"

The man looked at him for two seconds and nodded his head, his voice slightly cold, "Where did you escape from? Take me there."

Yu Ze froze. This man wasn't going to be looking for his abuser, was he? His eyelashes fluttered and his eyes got even redder, "I don't know, I don't want to go back, I want to get out of here!"

There was no way he was going to take the man to the auction house, the possibility of him showing up and revealing himself was too great. He estimated the time, panicked and anxious, and quickly said, "Can you tell me where the exit is? I'll go out by myself."

The man frowned, "You're running away? You are the victim. Running away will never punish the perpetrator. It is the person who does the bad thing that should be afraid. Since you asked for my help, I dare to find which family it is, and because it is a crime, they will have to bear the consequences."

Yu Ze admired and appreciated the man's austerity, yet what he said, half-truths, was nothing like what the man thought.

"Thank you, but I'm in a bad shape and I don't want to be irritated anymore," Yu Ze pleaded again, "Tell me where the exit is, will you?"