Chapter 48

Cannon Fodder Chapter 48: My Tears Are Pearls 6: Crazy

Yu Ze's heart couldn't help but panic. He had not known Leon for a long time, but from the short time he had spent with him, he knew that Leon was a very careful person. If Leon regained his memory, he would be just as suspicious as before that he had something to do with the missing mermaid. If Leon got the information about the mermaid from the people at the auction house, combined with the similarities between the mermaid and him, it would be too easy to associate him with the mermaid.

The existence of mermaids in this world was too precious, and he wasn't sure what Leon's attitude would be, and he was worried about Leon looking for him. He sighed. He knew that the mermaid's ability would gradually diminish with time, but did not expect Leon to regain his memory so quickly.

He silently hoped that Leon would not come looking for him.

He just wanted to spend 100 days safely and complete the mission, not create problems.

However, the three-star mission proved to be not so friendly.

The next day at noon, Yu Ze was medicating the Golden Flood Dragon when the Lightning Eel circling a circle of stunned fish swam ashore, "Human ships are coming this way."

Yu Ze was stunned, he concentrated on the scent of the sea and soon sensed the anomaly, there were humans. He looked to the sea, perceived the human distance was getting closer and closer, and his face became serious, "Let's go into the water to hide."

The Lightning Eel slapped the fish with his tail in front of the Golden Flood Dragon, "Why should we hide? Humans see me and they'll run away by themselves."

Golden Flood Dragon opened his mouth and swallowed a fish, "Want to dive and fuck them over?"

Yu Ze said, "...No, I'm afraid they have bad intentions."

The Lightning Eel replied, "Humans are weak in the sea. Don't worry, eat the fish."

The Golden Flood Dragon raised its head and its voice was fierce, "If it's the one who caught me, they're coming just in time!"

It finished its comment, lowered its head and swallowed another fish, its coiled body steady, without the slightest intention to hide.

The Lightning Eel likewise ate the fish leisurely, its tail soaking in the seawater and slapping the surface rhythmically.

Yu Ze did not relax because of their attitude, "Humans themselves are weak, but if they do not have a powerful force," he pointed to the Golden Flood Dragon's wound, "how could the Golden Flood Dragon be injured?"

The Golden Flood Dragon said, "They sneak attacked. If I wasn't injured, I couldn't have been caught."

Yu Ze suggested, "You are also injured now, let's hide for a while, shall we?"

The Golden Flood Dragon's tail wagged, "It's almost recovered, it's not a problem."

Yu Ze was anxious, aware that the human scent was getting closer and closer, and worried that the other party would rush to him. He thought for a moment, "I will hide in the water, and depending on whether the situation is not right, you rush into the water too."

He finished, jumped into the sea to dive, all attention focused on the shore.

The Lightning Eel turned his head toward the sea, "I thought he was a timid mermaid. When did mermaids become excited to see people?"

The Golden Flood Dragon guessed, "Maybe he's scared of being captured by humans."

At sea, on the deck of the luxury ship, a mercenary put down his binoculars, "Boss, there is an island ahead and there are creatures moving on it."