|| 107 || It's Not Just Sharks That Bite 🥀 O/F

Art by sleepingmarlons2 on Reddit

It's another Gawr x !Gender Neutral!Reader because I'm WEAK for the feral shark but I actually have an excuse because this time it's a request >:3

Requested by Overlydepressedteen

The five times Gawr kicked ass (read, was overly protective and flirty) for you and the one time you kicked ass for her

Also, uh, Gawr doesn't know human flirty. Gawr being flirty is her acting like an overly affectionate cat wanting attention.

Also, this is technically a continuation from Overprotective because I like writing feral Gawr being attached to her squishy office human.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

▪ ◼ ⬛ [ 1: Why Gawr Still Has To Wear A Muzzle In The Office ] ⬛ ◼ ▪

'Fingers crossed this goes better than last time' You glanced around, making a mental note of everyone in the room. A-Chan was typing away at a leisurely pace whilst talking to someone on the phone, Mel and Choco were whispering to each other, leaning in just a little too close. A cluster of other office workers were huddled around the only water dispenser, casting weary glances as you walked through the door, feral shark girlfriend clinging on to you.

Gawr seemed all too interested eyeing off the tank she tried to break into last time, although her hand was securely intertwined with yours and she didn't seem keen on letting go. The only way you knew she wouldn't wander off without you.

'Jenma, I trust you, I really do, but was it really the best idea to bring Gawr in so soon without her leash?' The shark glared at the group as the two of you passed them, effectively scaring them into silence. She just chuckled darkly to herself, her tail twitching with amusement.

You just embraced the silence in the elevator, relishing in the way Gawr seemed to fit so snuggly in your side, happily nuzzling into you. Her thumb brushed carefully over your knuckles, her red eyes were closed in contentment as her tail swayed back and forth, wagging ever so slightly. The sight alone made you momentarily forget how dangerous she really could be.

It was a well-practiced routine by now, the only difference being that Gawr was no longer kept on a leash (both figuratively and literally). You settled down in your chair, letting the shark curl up on your lap like an oversized cat, your free hand coming to settling in her hair. Gawr's scarred tail flopped over your arm and armrest, dangling over the side of the chair as she finally relaxed.

"You good now?" Gawr didn't even open her eyes as she nodded smugly. "Y'know, you don't always have to stick with me. Jenma did gave you the go ahead to explore the office as long as you didn't attack anyone," You smiled, booting up your computer before scrounging through the files you needed to work through.

"Maybe after my nap. You're comfy, so I'm good for the moment," Neither of you said another word as Gawr fell asleep and you slipped into your work bubble.

<><><><><>

The office you worked in wasn't very interesting, Gawr found out.

It mostly consisted of cubicles much like yours, though none of them looked as interesting. Yours was filled with photos of the two of you, trinkets the shark found you along with a calendars and various sticky note reminders that were buried under a pile of doodles. These workplaces were all blank and empty.