22

Diana knew the last few days had been hard on Harry. He became the subject of Hufflepuff students' constant mockery and cruelty which had caused Diana to freeze the spoons on their table, leading to them having the spoons stuck to their tongues.

Diana walks into the dungeon with Harry and Hermione for their double potions lesson, only to be greeted by the Slytherin students sporting large green badges with the words SUPPORT DIGGORY - THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION emblazoned across them.

"Watch this Potter," Draco says, pressing the badge.

The words swirl away to be replaced with POTTER STINKS and Diana glares at Draco before reaching up and ripping the badge from his robes. The blonde witch tosses the badge to the floor before pointing her hand at it, ice coating the badge before she clenches her fist causing it to explode.

"You could have been more original," Hermione says.

"Do you want one Granger?" Draco asks. "I mean I'll have to slide it over to you, I don't want any of your mudblood germs on me"

Diana's jaw falls slack at Draco's words. This was the side of Draco she had heard about but had never seen first-hand. A sudden movement draws her attention and she turns to see Harry pointing his wand at Draco. Draco mimics the movement along with Crabbe and Goyle. Diana pulls her wand out, pointing it at Goyle as Hermione points her wand at Crabbe.

"Flipendo!" Goyle shouts and Diana throws her hand up, the green light colliding with a wall of ice she had thrown up.

Diana raises her wand as Goyle opens his mouth.

"Cruci-"

"Stupefy!"

Harry was quick to react when he hears the beginning of the unforgivable curse fall from Goyle's mouth. The spell hits Goyle in his chest, sending him soaring back. He slams against the hard, cold floor of the castle as Draco stares at his goon with a shocked expression.

"You were going to use an unforgivable?" Draco asks, his face one of thunder. "On Diana?"

All eyes were flicking between Draco and Goyle. The blonde had a face of fury as he stares down at the now terrified Goyle.

"I-"

Draco mutters a quiet spell, his wand pointed at Goyle. Within seconds, boils were growing across the boy's face and skin, popping aggressively.

"Are you okay?" Draco asks, turning to Diana.

"Yeah,"

"Are you sure?"

Diana looks at Draco whose eyes are full of terror and panic at the idea of harm coming to her. The blonde Ravenclaw steps forward, placing her hand on Draco's arm.

"I'm okay," Diana says. "Draco, look at me"

Draco looks at his friend who was looking up at him with concern in her eyes. His eyes do a quick scan of her to make sure there were no marks on her and he nods, slowly calming himself down.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?"

Professor Snape's loud boom causes every student to jump about a foot into the air.

"Potter, what did you do to my student?"

"It was me, Professor," Draco says.

"Malfoy?"

"Goyle attempted to cast an unforgivable on Diana," Draco says. "It was the only reasonable course of action I could have taken in order to protect her"

All of the students were watching the Professor who was clearly at a loss for words from Draco's admission.

"Well, Mr Goyle will be a matter for the headmaster," Snape says. "And Mr Malfoy, you will have a detention for attacking another student"

"But Professor-" Diana says and Snape holds up a hand.

"It will be for the duration of one minute,"

Everyone looks at the Professor in shock at his leniency.

"Bloody nepotism," Hermione mumbles quietly.