Chapter 28. Capture

Nobody's POV

"That-was-close." Hermione wheezed. Ron patted her shoulder.

"It sure was." Harry replied, wiping beads of sweat away from his face. "Are you okay, Luna?"

"I-am... just a few scratches... nothing worse..." Luna panted, checking her grazes caused by the tree. Neville smiled weakly.

There was a sudden commotion outside the door. They drew their wands, and suddenly, a shout of 'BOMBARDA MAXIMA!' was heard, and then the whole world seemed to crumble. A deafening bang cracked the walls, and the group rushed out, casting numerous spells behind them.

Ginny's POV

As I watched the battle with Lord Vadàdécès, I tried to spot Luna through the crowd. I couldn't see her, but I knew that the Risen would find them much faster.

"My Lord?" I asked tentatively.

"Yes, Impius?" He didn't look at me.

"Is it okay if I ask the Risen to find a particular person?" I waited for his answer.

"Find?" He let out a mirthless laugh. "To us, it's either kill, torture or kidnap. No such word as find."

"My Lord, that is exactly what I meant. Kidnap her, and force Potter to come to us." I said, excitement coursing through me.

"Is she a friend of Potter's?" Even Vadàdécès sounded interested.

"Yes. Particularly, his girlfriend." I replied, my heart thumping wildly.

"Aha. You also want revenge? Seeing that you are an- ex-girlfriend of his." Vadàdécès said the rest with slight disgust.

"I want revenge, but I am not proud of being the ex-girlfriend of Harry Potter. In fact, I am ashamed." I said.

"Precisely. Now go and tell the Risen your orders." Vadàdécès said.

Harry's POV

"RUN!" I yelled, as another curse came flying past us. Sending a Stunning Spell behind me, we rounded a corner and sped through the corridor. Blood pounding through my ears, I became aware that a lot of Risen people were tailing Luna. I sent an Expelliarmus at the Risen.

"HARRY!" A scream from Neville made me look around. There were Risen wizards around us. There was nowhere to run. My hand instinctively found Luna's, and my feet led me in front of the group, shielding them from the Risen.

"Of course. Harry Potter always needs to be the hero." A cool voice came from under the mask of one of the Risen. I clenched my wand tight.

He drew his wand, and I reacted instinctively.

"PROTEGO!"

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

The jet of green light rebounded, hitting a suit of armour, which cracked and fell to the floor.

The person who had cast the curse dodged and suddenly, he ran forward, shielding himself with a strong Shield Charm. His companions rushed to duel us, and I became busy jinxing a huge Risen wizard, when I heard a familiar scream. I looked around, my wand in the air, when I saw a sight that made my insides turn into ice— the Risen wizard had grasped an disarmed Luna by the neck and turned on his heel, running as fast as the wind. Sending Stunning Spells behind me, I hurtled after him, sprinting so fast that everything turned into a multicoloured blur. I heard people screaming my name, but it didn't matter to me— all I could think was that Luna was in danger, and I needed to find that Risen Dark Wizard.

I tore through corridors, but slowly, my legs grew as heavy as lead. I was slowing down. I tried to think of a plan, when something hit me.

"ACCIO FIREBOLT!" I roared. It felt like I was in the Triwizard Tournament one again, trying to fight the dragon. But this time, it wasn't the dragon. It was the Risen.