Chapter 31. The Two Patronuses

Harry's POV

"What do you want, Vadàdécès?" I repeated.

"I want full control over Hogwarts." Vadàdécès said.

I was stunned. He didn't want me, but wanted full control over Hogwarts? My thoughts drifted back to the last year when Voldemort took control. People got tortured, first years chained up...

"No." I said defiantly.

"Then your precious little girl shall be tortured to death." Vadàdécès said.

My heart seemed to leave my body.

"D-don't you want me?" I asked.

Vadàdécès didn't reply.

"I won't let you control Hogwarts." I said. "If I let you control Hogwarts, what will it be like? A Dark Arts school?" I yelled.

Vadàdécès looked at me with those haunting eyes. "I am not like Voldemort. I am crueller, and I don't resort to these desperate means of" -His blood-red eyes swept the Chamber- "pleasure." He finished.

"Yeah right." I snorted. "Voldemort said that too. Seriously, Vadàdécès, I have been around Dark Wizards all my life. I know you. I know you all."

"No you don't, Potter." Vadàdécès suddenly softened his voice dangerously. He drew his wand.

"IMPERIO!"

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

We both yelled at the same time, and my wand emmitted a blinding flash of silver light. To my astonishment, what erupted out of my wand was not only a stag- it was a stag and a phoenix.

"Two? Two? Deux? C'est impossible!" I distinctly heard Vadàdécès mutter. He was, apparently, French.

The spells collided and there was a blinding flash of light- I was knocked backwards by a huge force. It seemed like Vadàdécès was knocked down too, for he let out a scream of fury and drew his wand at me-

"Cruc-"

"PROTEGO HORRIBLIS" I bellowed.

Immediately, the curse hit the barrier and turned into black smoke.

"STUPEF-"

But before I could do anything, he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.