Chapter 2: Avatar of Greed

Lucifer speaks up. " Mammon, surely you're not going to tell me you object to this arrangement, are you?"

*****

"F-Fine.. Gimme your hand, human" Mammon said grudgingly.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and shot him a look. Mammon growls and grabs it quickly, and yanks me out the door. I hear a car door open, and feel him let lose on my hand, telling me he's sliding in the vehicle. I carefully slide in as well, being wary of the roof. I take note of where the handle is as I close the door behind me. I hop in a seat, feels cool, must be leather. I search around for a seatbelt, but much to my surprise their isn't one. I sense Mammon's foot tapping in front of me. This must be a limousine, or something similar.

"...Ugh, I don't believe this. Of all the rotten luck. That rotten bastard... Does he really think he can scare me into doin' whatever he wants? " Mammon mumbled to himself.

"I'm sorry." I quietly said back.

"Hmph, Just so we're clear it's not like I can say no to Lucifer, okay? Don't go thinkin' I'm scared of Lucifer or anything! Because I'm NOT!" Mammon slightly shouted, whilst throwing his hands down on the seat.

"I know that." I said. I said that to maybe make him feel better. His brothers are really mean to him.

"... Oh. Alright then, as long as we've got that straight." Mammon said baffled.

After our short conversation, there was a long period of silence. I take this time to observe my surroundings. The road is very smooth, I feel very few bumps. Must really be the wide and easy road.

"So, Uh, Human. What's up with your eyes exactly?" Mammon speaks up.

I take a moment to decide whether to tell him about me being blind or not. Since I've been blind my whole life, I've also been bullied and pitied my whole life for it. If I tell him about it, they'll all start being weird about it. Or worse, send me back home. That's definitely not an option.

"Ah, I wasn't tryin' to be rude, human. I've just never seen a human with white eyes.. or twitchy ones either.." Mammon says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I-I was just lost in thought, but um, that's just the way the way they've a-always been." I choked out.

Mammon made a unsatisfied "hm" sound.

To break the now extremely uncomfortable silence I ask " So, uh what are your hobbies, Mammon?"

" Hobbies? Pfft, I don't have any." He chuckled.

I stayed quiet and looked in, what I assume is in his general direction, to get him to talk more about it.

"...Alright then, how about this; I like taking it easy, laughing and having fun! That's my hobby." He said while laughing. "Eh, though that's more like a lifestyle than a hobby, huh?" He realized.

I laughed a little, a nodded.

"Hm... Oh wait. I guess I also like watching Lucifer squirm, like when he's in a bad situation and doesn't know what to do." He bantered " I dunno though, could you really call that a hobby?" He again realized.

"Your turn" he quipped.

"Huh?"

"I answered your question... mostly, and now it's your turn." Mammon teased.

" Oh, I dunno. I kinda like (favorite hobby such as knitting, cosplaying, or whatever else). It's a nice pass time. " I croaked.

"..Huh.  Haha! That's one stupid hobby human." Mammon said surprised and mumbled something I couldn't hear afterward.

"Oh, human. Just so ya don't go forgettin'. Even though my brothers may call be scum and worthless, doesn't mean I am, ok?" Mammon said confidently.

As soon as I'm about to speak he starts going on about how he's the biggest big shot of all time, and only should be referred to as The Great Mammon. He talks about how he's the top of the RAD social pyramid, and very respected and powerful. Also how his brothers are horrible and Lucifer's feet stink.

"Alright, I'll try not to forget." You interrupted.

"Ah... good, I guess. Ya know, your really weird, human. It's not really.... normal of ya to talk to me to plainly." Mammon laughed out.

"I'm not sure what you mean." I said confused.

"Well.. Uh... Normally, Humans are all AHHH DEMON!! But, you're just chillin', so like I don't know, ya just weird." Mammon attempted at explaining.

"Hey Mammon?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"Could you please call me by my name?"

I hear Mammon shift around in his seat. Seems his confident facade came back.

"Well since you asked nicely, I guess I can't really say no.  ...Pff just kiddin'! Did ya really think that would work on me, human?" Mammon jested.

"That's-" I attempted to speak but Mammon continued. " You expect me to call you by your name? You a lowly human? Ha! Come back and ask me in another million years and maybe I'll consider it! You'd better learn your place cause' if you keep sayin' stuff like that, I'll make you my next meal!" He shouted.
He paused, and moved around in his seat some. I tilted my head down whilst trying to comprehend everything he was saying.

"...Listen. If you stop talkin' and just do what I tell you perhaps things won't be so bad for you." Mammon muttered.

It went silent for a bit, again.

The limo stopped.
...quiet.

"...Are ya gonna get out or not, human? Cause' I ain't gonna sit here all day." Mammon urged.

——
Thanks for reading, I always enjoy any kind of feedback!
——
Word Count:
938
——