[ 31 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
- ALCOHOL-FREE -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

The disco ball that hung from the ceiling shone all the colors of the rainbow and was continuously spinning 360-degree circles. There was loud music and the dance floor was full of people.

It was, in fact, the annual festival of that stupid company of Sunghoon's father. His father organizes a festival every year to celebrate his success and how powerful he really is.

On the dance floor, mostly those henchmen of Mr. Park were dancing and forcing other kidnapped girls to dance with them. They all had on a nice ball gown and their hair was nicely done up. Some had makeup on and some did not.

At the entrance there were many bodyguards. There were not just 2, as you might expect, but there were really a hundred of them.

At the bar, on the other side of the room, were Yerin and Yumi. Yerin looked anxiously toward the entrance, where all those guards stood. She swallowed in fear, but also in concern about whether that plan of Yumi's would work.

Yumi kept hammering it in that everything would work out, but Yerin had her doubts. After all, the previous plan had also been well developed, only the execution was just shit!

"Yerin," Yumi whispered in Yerin's ear.

Yerin flinched and turned her self towards the girl next to her. "What is it?" She asked.

"You need to start drinking, but alcohol-free."

"I know," Yerin said and turned her self to the man standing at the bar. She raised her finger in the air, which immediately got the bartender's attention.

He walked over to the two girls. "What can I do for you?" He asked politely.

"One non-alcoholic beer, please," Yumi ordered.

The bartender nodded up and down in understanding and walked away to get that 'beer' that Yerin must pretend to be drunk with.

"I don't think this is a good plan," Yerin sighed as she put her elbow down on the bar and rested her chin on her palm. She just stared ahead of herself.

Yumi scoffed and gave Yerin a small nudge on her shoulder. "What are you whining about!" Yumi giggled. "How many times do I have to tell you that everything is going to be okay?"

"Many times."

"That's what I mean!" Yumi said as she turned her head to look out onto the dance floor. "Do you have any idea where these guys hang out?"

Yerin shrugged her shoulders. "Don't know and don't care. As long as they're not here."

"Oh my god, Yerin! What makes you so grumpy all of a sudden?" Yumi asked as she tilted her head slightly. "Bad sleep last night?"

"No, Yumi, I shot a rabbit. Happy now?"

Yumi rolled her eyes and got up from her barstool. "I'm going to dance. Call me when you're ready to start the plan."

Yerin pursed her lips and nodded briefly up and down. Yumi walked away and seconds later disappeared into the crowd on the dance floor.

She didn't understand how Yumi could think of dancing now, when this wasn't supposed to be a happy party at all.

What a weird girl that person is!

Maybe escaping without Yumi isn't such a bad idea at all?

"Your non-alcoholic beer," The bartender from whom Yumi and Yerin had ordered drinks earlier walked up to Yerin with the beer in his hand.

Yerin looked up at him angrily. "I'm not thirsty anymore, just give it to someone else," She said angrily and also got up from her barstool. She turned herself around and walked towards the toilets.

Tssk... Stupid escape plan! Everything has to go according to what she likes! Why is it that I am never once asked what I would like and why? What a stubborn idiot Yumi is! ARGH! I hope she suffocates.

Angry, Yerin stomped her feet on the floor as she made her way to the restrooms. She gave one more glance over her shoulder before finally arriving at the vent next to the toilets.

"The coast is clear," Yerin muttered to herself under her breath as she crouched in front of the vent. She grabbed the screwdriver Yumi had given her earlier from under her dress and used it to remove the screws.

She put the screwdriver vertically in her mouth and opened the vent. She laid it on the ground as carefully and quietly as possible.

Yerin looked back one last time to make sure no one was paying attention to her and sighed deeply once. "Goodbye, hell," She said and then climbed into the vent.

-

A/N :: Finally a new update TT ( I never update this slow)
I haven't been writing the last few days but I still have lots of drafts :') I am so sorry that you all had to wait for a long time! I'll continue updating from now

PS, I am also busy with the other book from the enhypen miniseries! :)

LOVE U ALLL <33 TAKE CARE MY BABIES