11.

Lily uncovers Kates eyes, their friends jump out from behind the common room sofa and yell, "Surprise!!"

Kate looks around smiling at everyone, her eyes start to well up with tears as she looks at what they did. The normally red room was hidden in a sea of blue. Balloons and banners, a giant inflatable baby bottle; the coffee table had been laid out with blue cupcakes and baby shower games.

"We know you didn't want a big fuss." Lily says, "So it's only the Aunties, Uncles and baby Daddy!"

"Thank you, Lily!" Kate smiles, giving her a big hug, "It's perfect!"

With just over six weeks left to go, Lily decided the baby shower had to be now. In just two weeks,they would be sitting their final year exams and would not find the time to have a party. The eight friends spent hours laughing as they played the charades and drew what they thought the baby would look like. Both Sirius and James drew a baby with long black hair, a broom and a leather jacket- deciding by default that it must be right if two minds drew the same thing.

Remus drew a baby with a fat head, an arrow pointing to it saying 'Padfoots big fat head.' Pete drew a baby wrapped in a blanket, several arms reaching out signifying him and his friends. Marlene drew a baby that looked exactly like Kate but with Sirius black hair, written underneath says 'Sirius 2.0 but better looking'. Lily and Mary drew generic babies with dark hair and pouty lips.

"Us girls all chipped together to get a present!" Lily grins happily, thrusting a parcel to Kate, "We hope you like it."

Kate carefully undid the wrapper, revealing a tiny cardigan and boots set. Her eyes filled with tears again as she looked at the size of them, sitting the boot on her hand. Sirius took the other boot his his, his ginormous hand making the boot look even smaller.

"Ooh open mine next!" James says eagerly, throwing the present at Sirius.

Sirius unwraps it and sighs, showing Kate the big thick book about Quidditch.

"To prepare him for when he's older." James nods, his eyes glistening with stars, "We can read it to him every single night to prepare him to be a Quidditch star!"

"Sure, Prongs. Whatever you say." Sirius smirks, placing the book besides him.

Remus stands up, "Iz not much but-"

Sirius takes the present and hands it to Kate. She carefully unwraps the paper packaging and gasps, the tears start streaming down her cheeks. She hugs the blanket against her chest and sobs harder.

"Did you make this?" She asks him through the tears.

Remus nods, "Took a fucking month."

"It's perfect." She cries harder.

Sirius looks at the blanket and smiles, noticing 'Mini Marauder' sewn messily into the side with a semi moon next to it.

Pete hands his present next, another homemade item. A drawing of Sirius, Kate and a baby, looking out at a full moon. The shadows of a wolf, stag and rat in the moonlight.

"I asked my sister to do it.. she's good at art." Pete explains, "She made me pay her a fiver for it."

"It's perfect." Kate says, "Everything is so perfect. Thank you."

Kate starts to cry harder, Sirius smirks and pulls her into his arms, "Why are you crying?"

"Hormones!" She sobs, wiping her tears on his jacket.

They end the evening with the boys favourite game of suggesting names, each and every one of them as awful as the last. Both Sirius and James try listing names of their favourite Quidditch players and musicians. Remus suggests bizarre outdated philosophers and poets. Pete tries his best, coming up with names of people from his classes.