26.

Sirius is wary of the werewolves. He hates to admit it because he knew better than anyone that Remus was harmless, but there was one wolf in the entire pack who rubbed him the wrong way. Rafe was intimidating. He sat, stared and glared at the intruders, he didn't say anything but Sirius and his friends could tell he was not happy by their arrival. He led them to Gwen, who rushed at Remus with open arms, kissing him forehead repeatedly.

"That's not the girlfriend." James mumbles to Peter before he can say anything.

It's not that Gwen was old but she was older, early 40s at least. Plus, she has a whole pack of werekids to look after. The biter, Daisy, was noticeable straight away- the smallest of the pack knawing at the side of the table. Sirius stared at her, wondering if its something all kids go through or just the wolves.

Remus ruffles one of the childrens hair, all the kids grin at him. Each one genuinley ecstatic to see him again. He taps Daisy's nose, who stops biting the table and starts biting something else instead.

"See? They're just kids." Remus says pointedly to his friends.

"Yeah, we can see that mate." Pete huffs, keeping a safe distance between himself and the werewolves, particularly Rafe.

Gwen places drinks in front of them and plates filled with sandwiches, "Tate and Amelia will be back soon. They just had to pick someone up."

"Another child?" Remus grits his teeth, taking a sip of his coffee as he surpresses thoughts of Greyback and his clan ripping children apart.

"He's been with us awhile but he likes to run off." Gwen whispers, "Not adjusting very well to the change."

Remus inhales and nods, "Misses his family then."

"Badly." Gwen responds sadly.

"Luckily, he always runs off to the same place." Luke grins, "I think thats where he will end up on the full moon."

"Where does he run to?" Sirius asks curiously.

"The water."

Remus, Sirius, James and Peter exchange knowing glances. They had spent a lot of time at a small waterfall, deep within the forbidden forest as animals. It was one of their favourite memories. The wolf always relaxed a lot more by the waterfall for some reason.  They're soon interuptted by the sounds of bustling feet, a heavily tattooed man walks into the kitchen holding a child by the scruff of his collar and dumping him on a chair. The child looks annoyed- not upset and growls at the man.

"Grow up Walid." He hisses turning to Remus with a bright grin, "Hi Remus."

Remus blushes, "Hi Tate."

"How've you been?" He whispers, looking around nervously at his friends.

"Good good. These are my friends, Padfoot, Prongs and Worm-"

"Its Peter." Peter ushers quickly, having drawn the short straw with nicknames.

Tate nods, "Nice to meet you all. Amelia will be here in two seconds."

"AHA!" James says clicking his fingers, "Amelia."

"Take it you told them then?" Tate smirts

Remus shakes his head, "Not exactly."

A flicker of disappointment flashes across Tate's face as Amelia walks into the kitchen. Remus stands to his feet immediately and hugs her tightly, whispering questions to her about how she's feeling . Sirius and James look at each other, mouths hung open in disbelief.

"I really thought he was lying." Sirius mumbles quietly.

Remus snaps his head around, "We can hear you, Pads."