28.

The atmosphere was off. Everyone was tense. Especially in order meetings. Someone amongst them was leaking information to death eaters. Someone was luring them into traps, attempting to assassinate them all. No one trusted each other anymore. James only trusted Sirius, Pete and Lily. Sirius only trusted Kate and James. Pete trusted all his friends, even when warned repeatedly by James not to. Lily trusted easily, but not without reason. Kate didn't trust anyone but Sirius, refusing to leave her son with any other person.

Being pregnant she was able to use that as an excuse to refuse more missions. James and Sirius only to eager to allow it. She would stay safe in the Potter residence with Zion. Dumbledore wanted her to do spying with Lily, but once she refused he had a hard time trying to convince her with James and Sirius by her side.

Zion sat on the floor playing with his bricks, building them up and knocking them down again. Kate sat close by, keeping her wand clutched to her chest whilst she watched him protectively. She often cried. A mixture of pregnancy hormones and fear, the anxiety of having children in a war zone was too much to bare. It was getting far worse. More and more people were getting hurt.

She hears the front door open, she immediately stands to her feet and holds her wand out. Standing in front of Zion, hiding him from potential danger. Peter walks into the room and jumps at the sight of Kate with her wand.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" He blabs hurriedly.

Kate lowers her wand, "Sorry Pete. I'm just paranoid. You not at the office today?"

"I was, but I come with news.. are the others here?"

Kate shakes her head and sighs, "Order business."

"Typical." Pete sighs, "All they ever do is Order business nowadays. It's a bit much ain't it?"

"I guess. It needs doing though, if we're going to stop the Dark Lord." Kate shrugs, "Just wish Sirius could be here more."

Pete nods, slouching into the sofa, "I bet he wishes he could be here too."

"I don't know." Kate admits sadly, "I think he lives for the adrenaline and excitement of the missions."

"He's always been an adrenaline junkie, the quidditch days did my head in. Him and James always talked of nothing but quidditch and girls. Never had anything intelligent to say between them. Thank god for Moony. That being said I bet Sirius would rather be here with his family." Pete whispers, "He never had that with his parents..I think he wants to be a good Dad."

"I know he's a good Dad. I'm just scared.." Kate sighs, "Every single time he goes on one of these missions, I think he won't come home."

Pete pulls a face between shock and sadness, "He will always come home."

"Too fucking right I will,Wormy." Sirius' voice booms from the door.

James is standing besides him, shuffling on his feet awkwardly and Sirius is looking pissed. Sirius bends down and picks Zion up, cuddling him tightly and ruffling his wild shaggy black hair.  James claps Pete on the back affectionately, both of them grimacing at the tension between the couple.

"Aren't you at the office today?" James asks Pete.

Pete nods, "Err yeah but I came with news."

Sirius stops glaring at Kate, turning his attention to Pete, "What news is that then?"

"Remus left St Mungo's." Pete mumbles, "I thought he might come here, but it doesn't look like he did."