60

It was thursday into Harry's second week of chemotherapy.
He woke up around eight and he was feeling pretty weak.

When he sat up on the bed he looked around for his shark plushie, because he couldn't see it anywhere near him.

His eyes lingered over something else than his plushie, they lingered over a bundle of hair on his pillow.

He reached out to touch his hair to check if it was his. When he took his hand away he could see that another bunch stayed in his hand.

In the meanwhile Harry finally realized his shark was on the floor, so he picked the plushie up.

"Good morning." Larissa entered with breakfast tray in her hands.

Her eyes lingered over the hair that was on Harry's pillow and also in his hand.

"Oh." she rested the tray with food on the table, making her way over to the boy.

"My hair- already?" he looked up at her.

"It's different for everyone Harry." she informed him.

"We can cut your hair if you want." she offered to him carefully.

"It will fall out either way... maybe it's better to cut it right?" the boy asked more himself.

"It's on you." she gave him a small smile.

"I want to cut it." Harry nodded.

"Alright. How much do you want me to cut?"

"I- want to shave it off." Harry whispered quietly.

"Wait, really?" Larissa was surprised. She certainly didn't expect this answer.

"Yeah. I want it gone all at once. I think that will be for the best."

"Alright. Are you sure?" she checked that Harry really meant it.

"Yeah, I am sure." he nodded while swallowing harshly.

"Alright, I will get the shaver." she left Harry alone in order to get what she needed.

In the meanwhile Harry grabbed his phone and opened the front camera. He took a picture of himself, wanting to have a most recent picture of his hair in his phone.

"I am back." Larissa brought a bag in with herself, putting it down on the table.

"So, could I ask you to come sit here?" she pointed to one of the chairs around the table, waiting for Harry to come there.

The boy complied, getting up and walking towards one of the chairs.

When he sat down Larissa gave him a mirror, so he could watch what she was doing.

She took the shaver in her hand and prepared it. When she was done, there was nothing holding them back from starting anymore.

She could see that Harry's hair was thin and weak. It would be gone in a week if not less. She was proud of the boy for being brave. She knew it had to be difficult for him.

Harry had beautiful hair and he never shaved it off in his whole life, until now.

It didn't take that long before Larissa announced she was done.
She switched off the machine, placing it down on the table.

"You can take a look at yourself now." she placed her hands on Harry's shoulders, squeezing them encouragingly.

The boy picked up the mirror, taking a look at himself carefully.

"What do you say?" Larissa asked him nervously.

Harry's eyes watered at the sight. His locks were gone. There was no going back now, his hair was gone.