Chapter one ¹ | Back to school

bEEP! BEep! BeeP! BEEP! BEEP!

Slam!

Milo groaned, his hand popping out from under his blanket, then again he had three blankets on his bed so realistically his head had come out from under two blankets. Milo usually sleeps under two of the three blankets.

Blindly trying to turn off his phone's alarm slapping at it, it was as per usual one of the most annoying noises he'd heard in his life. Once he heard the alarm stop he pulled his hand back under the warm covers satisfied, not noticing he closed his eyes again.

The same exact alarm going off eight minutes later caused Milo to whine, finally pulling the blankets off his head glaring over at his phone, he'd pressed the snooze button and not the off button apparently.

Leaning over to finally turn the alarm off before picking up the phone and laying back in bed eyeing the notifications on his phone, not particularly motivated in looking at them thanking himself for turning on sleep mode before going to sleep so his screen wasn't burning his eyes with the brightness of it.

Sighing he let his phone slip from his hand onto the blanket with a pout too lazy as he stared up at the ceiling. Though before he could get lost in his thoughts he felt something heavy on his legs that made its way to his chest laying down on him fully now.

Looking at his chest only to see his cat staring right back at him, Milk laid her head on his chest and tilted it slightly silently demanding her morning cuddle and scratches. Milo not being able to resist as he moved to scratch behind her head satisfied once he heard her purr immediately.

bEEP! BEep! BeeP! BEEP! BEEP!

Milo's eyes shooting back open as he tried blinking away the sudden drowsy sleepy feeling he had looking first at Milk who was looking to the left annoyed at being woken up as well, Milo shifting his eyes from his cat to the beeping realising it was his phone, his emergency alarm blaring in case he'd fallen asleep again. The alarm that usually is blaring when he's already gotten to school.

Panic set in as he realised he'd fallen asleep and he should get up now or he'll be late. Looking back at Milk who was sleeping again causing him to groan, flopping his head back onto his pillow not wanting to ruin her sleep.

He successfully managed to get Milk off his lap, Milk making herself comfortable on the bed after Milo finished making it, he couldn't leave without making his bed as it was a habit. His blankets had to be in order too, it was the yellow fluffy one, then the blue one and then his purple one on top. Milk laying in the centre, her brown hair and pretty orange eyes looking good against the purple blanket.

Turning to his closet he opened it not realising it was already a bit open only to be met with blue eyes staring up at him, blinking back down at them before shaking his head amused. Taking a moment to pat his other cat's head before grabbing his school clothes while his cat went back to sleep again comfortably in a nook of his closet.