Three.

Auden rushed into the studio the next morning not even caring that she was missing her eight o'clock class. She could get the notes from Emmie.

The studio was only a couple blocks from campus. The exterior wasn't anything special, just a simple brick building with a sign that read Slowave Studios on it. But inside was a sleek front office space where the manager Sara took all their calls, and down the hall was the recording booth which held an entire room full of nice recording equipment, musical instruments, and record plaques of all the people Slowave Studios had helped produce.

Auden ran past the office and the recording booth to the last door at the very end of the hall, which was Lina's office. Not bothering to knock, Auden barged inside.

Floor to ceiling windows allowed the morning light to pour into the room nearly blinding Auden as she stepped inside. Lina sat at her desk, and didn't seem the least bit surprised when Auden came barreling into the room.

"Okay, tell me." Auden swung into the cushy leather black chair across form her Lina's. Pulling her feet into her chest and hugging her knees. "Please."

Lina didn't even glance up from a stack of papers she was appraising. When she finally finished reading whatever she was absorbed in she looked up at Auden with a nonchalance that made Auden want to scream.

Auden stood up and began to pace the expensive shag rug that covered the floor.

"Don't be so impatient, Auden."

"This is not the time to try and teach me virtues."

"Well, there's not need to panic. Bang Si-hyuk will be here soon. He'll explain everything."

Auden's heart stopped and for a moment she thought she might be having a heart attack.

"Wait, what? Bang Si-hyuk is coming here?"

Bang Si-hyuk was the CEO of HYBE Entertainment. HYBE produced some of the biggest South Korean artists in the world. Including BTS, Lee Hyun, Enhypen, and more. The fact that the company was based in South Korea and he was physically coming to their studio in LA was huge deal. And she still didn't even know what it was all even about.

"Yes, he is." Lina failed to elaborate.

"What is he doing here in LA?

"He wants to discuss a collaboration with us."

"Yeah, but what does that mean?"

A knock at the door sounded and Lina gave her a knowing look.

"I guess you'll find out won't you."

Sometimes Auden hated Lina's secretive ways.

Lina opened the door and a man looking to be in his late forties walked in. He was dressed in a nice suit, and he bowed respectfully at the waist upon seeing us.

"Bang Si-hyuk, welcome to Slowave Studios," Lina greeted, but Auden couldn't even move, she was frozen, staring at Bang Si-hyuk, trying to understand if any of this was even real.

Lina gave Auden a small jab, and the spell broke. Auden rushed to bow in return, flushing at her bad manners.

"Nice to meet you," was all Auden managed to say.

"I'm Bang Si-hyuk. Thank you for meeting me today," he said in near perfect English.

"It's our pleasure, please have a seat," Lina said.

Bang Si-hyuk, sat in one of the leather chairs and Lina sat back down at her desk. It took Auden a second to feel her legs to join them.

"This is Auden, my main lyricist and producer. The one you were inquiring about." Lina gestured to Auden and she nearly had a brain aneurism.

He'd inquired about me? Auden thought, Why?

"Lovely to meet you, Auden, you can call me Bang Si-hyuk,."

Auden couldn't speak, only a small noise of recognition left her throat.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here today."

Auden managed a small nod.

"I reached out to Lina. I've heard through the grape vine that you've been the one creating some of the greatest hits on the charts. You seem to be a very talented and well rounded creator."

"Thank you," Auden squeaked.

"I came today hoping you'd agree to help me out."

"Help you?" Auden asked, unsure what she could possibly help him with.

"I want to offer you a job, Auden. I want you to come and work for HYBE Entertainment."

Auden's brain short circuited and her eyes widened, her jaw slacking a little.

"Why?"

"Well you see. One of our main singers is having a hard time creating lyrics for upcoming solo songs.  We would like for him to produce several this year but he's encountering some— mental blocks." Bang Si-hyuk paused a little at the end of his explanation.

I'd encountered my own mental blocks before when writing songs, but this couldn't be about something as simple as writer's block if it was bringing Bang Si-hyuk to this office. So it must be more than he was letting on.

More electric currents in Auden's mind exploded and it suddenly felt hard to breath.

"But. . .why me? Why not one of Lina's other song writers?"

"Because you are the best no?" he asked.

Auden flushed.

"We have many song writers in Korea but finding a unique sound that will appeal to those in the states is harder than we thought. America has the biggest music industry in the world. We are learning that songs in English are doing very well. And would like some help creating more for one of our lead singers."

Auden nodded numbly, unsure if she was dreaming or not. Who could the singer be?  Auden wanted so badly to ask but refrained. Maybe it was confidential and he didn't want her to know who it was. She stayed silent, forcing herself to be paitent, a virtue she lacked.

"That being said I know you are a college student, so I don't want to take you away from your studies. I also know you are also a critical part to this company and it may not be possible to take you from what you are currently doing."

Auden glanced to Lina, but Auden could already see what June was thinking. This was a big opportunity. A huge deal to collaborate with HYBE.

"It's okay. I'm sure I can figure something out with my professors. And I"m sure Slowave will understand," Auden said.

"We understand," Lina said, affirming the statement.

"Excellent. Now, you won't need you to leave LA. We are bringing our idol here. We would just need you to move close by to his apartment for security and privacy reasons."

Auden pursed her lips while nodding and glanced at her boss again but she saw nothing but approval in Lina's eyes.

"This would be a great name branding opportunity for Slowave. To know that one of our creators worked with HYBE entertainment." Lina said, smiling at Auden with pride.

That smile was what Auden worked so hard to see. She wanted to make Lina proud. She wanted to make herself proud too. This was the reason she'd come to LA, why she chose UCLA. She wanted to become a producer and song-writer. And the opportunity to write music for a K-Pop idol was more than Auden could have ever dreamed.

"When do I start?"

A\N:

These first couple chapters are shorter than what's to come. I hope they are easy to get through and still captivating, as they are leading up to the big parts of the story. Stick with me friends & you'll see our angel soon! ;)

~Sasha