Chapter One: Family Troubles

"Y/N!" Draco burst into Y/N's room, panting like crazy.

The two finally decided to get separate rooms after having to be together all the time in their dorms at Hogwarts.

"We've got our Hogwarts letters!" He quickly shoved a small envelope onto Y/N's hands.

Y/N stopped petting Kai who had grown a lot since Y/N had gotten him, letting Kai fly off his arm and out the window.

"We've got so much more requirements this year..." Y/N mumbled, putting his reading glasses on as he read the list.

Y/N heard his father clear his throat from the door, gaining both his and Draco's attention. Their father, though serious, had a sort of warmth radiating from him.

"Your mother instructed me to take you to purchase your Hogwarts items." He said with his stern voice, yet somehow soft.

"She said something about "father-son bonding."..."

Y/N and Draco turned to each other, raising their eyebrows. Their father had always been busy which is why Draco always chased after him and why Y/N had gotten exceptionally closer with his mother than father. It was strange to see him try and spend time with the twins instead of trying to make it up to them with gifts and material items. They both turned to smile at their father, happy with the slight change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"So... Y/N." Lucius started after they had taken money out of Gringotts, handing each child a pouch of way more money than they'd need.

"I heard you've gotten close with Harry Potter and his friends..."

"Yes, is there a problem, father?" Y/N questioned, tucking his pouch into his robes.

"No." His father instantly turned his attention to Draco as they walked down the streets of Diagon Alley.

"Granger?" Y/N called out, spotting the curly haired girl.

"Malfoy." She nodded her head, walking out of the shop.

Y/N ran towards her, leaving his father and Draco behind.

"Harry! Hagrid!"

She ran towards the two boys.

"Hello, Hermione!" Hagrid cheered as Y/N caught up to her.

"Hello, Y/N!"

"It's so good to see you!" Hermione said looking at Harry.

"It's so great to see you too!" Harry exclaimed with a bright grin.

"Your face has seen better days." Y/N chuckled, giving Harry a brotherly hug.

"What happened?"

"Oculus Reparo." Hermione casted, fixing Harry's glasses much like how she did the first day she met him.

"Floo powder accident." Harry sighed, wiping at his face with his sleeves.

"Right." Y/N laughed at his face covered with ashes.

"You'll be all right now then, Harry?" Hagrid nodded, seeing that Harry had found his friends.

Harry nodded, standing next to Y/N and Hermione.

"Right. I'll leave you to it."

"Bye!" The trio waved at Hagrid until he disappeared into the crowd.

"Come on, everyone's been so worried." Hermione said, grabbing Y/N and Harry's hands before leading them into a shop.