BREATHE

Y/N POV-

The blinds behind the glass window are drawn shut by one of the nurses, the door firmly shut. Silence. I can't hear a word, a beep, a single sound except for the monitors around me. Except those monitors, as cruel as it sounds mean nothing to me.

The cries, the doctors jargon, the worried families stressing about their loved ones means nothing to me because all I can think about is her inside that room alone, not technically alone but nonetheless alone.

Time's passing, I know it is but I'm stuck frozen in time in my mind clutching on to the memory of her voice. The vibration of my heart pounding in my chest shakes my body. I want to see- I need to get closer.

One foot in front of the other seems so much harder now that my trust in my bodies strength slips through my fingertips like sand. So I don't move not an inch.

I feel like I'm spinning endlessly, my breaths falling past my lips faster than I can inhale, my skin burns but I'm shaking like I've never felt warmth in my life.

The doors to her room open slowly, as the doctors head out, their heads in their hands. Doctor Miller walks my way with sorrow in his eyes and though he hasn't said a word I already know what he's about to say because my eyes, even with tears blurring them, have caught sight of the sheet draped over the stretcher. Her body beneath, growing colder by the minute.

"Would you mind coming in to my office to talk?" Miller asks.

I shake my head.

"No," I whisper, my eyes still fixated of the stretcher being carried away.

"Please come into my office," he insists.

"She's not- she can't, I don't want to hear you say it," I plead.

He steps closer, "I'm sorry-"

I cut him off as rage fires through my vines, "don't say it. Stop it!"

"I'm sorry but we did everything that we could-"

I cut him off again, "you did everything you could and you're going to do more," I look at him, "you're going to do more."

He swallows, "there's nothing more for us to do she's gone," he finally tells me.

"You're lying, god no- please!"

He stares at me guilty as my arms wrap around my torso. Doctor Owen walks past glaring at doctor Miller, "you shouldn't have-" he mutters to Miller.

"I had to," Miller says an expression grimacing his face telling the other man to shut up.

"What happened? What did you do?" I yell.

"Please if you'll just come into my office then we can talk."

I follow, reluctantly. He closes the door behind us as he ushers me to take a seat.

"Natasha lost a lot of blood, she continued to loose blood faster than it could be replaced, we couldn't stop the bleed in time. Once again I'm very sorry but she's gone."

"What about what the other doctor said what did you do?"

"I did everything that I could physically do to keep her here and unfortunatly I was unsuccessful... Do you know if she has any family anyone we can contact?" he questions before I can question him further.

I shake my head, "not that I know of."

He nods his head.

"Can I see her, before you do whatever you have to do?"

"Unfortunately you're not family."

For some God-forsaken reason I don't protest, or plead. If I had gotten her here sooner she wouldn't be in this position.