Chapter 29: A school festival and Celebration

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All the images or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw the match up between the heirs of Bael and Gremory as well as the heirs of Sitri and Agares. A guest star from the monster faction known as Mettaton came to act as the commentator for both the match ups, the first match had begun between Saiaorg Bael and Rias Gremory. The matchup was based on a dice game, resulting in Kiba and Beruka facing against each other, resulting in Kiba's win, the next one was Xenovia and Koneko facing up against Liban and Gandonma, resulting in the Gremory team victory, but at the loss of Koneko, the next match was the queens of both the teams against each other resulting in Akeno's victory. The next match was between Misteeta and Ladora from the Bael team against Xenovia and Gasper from the Gremory team, this resulted in another victory for the Gremory team, but at the cost of Xenovia being eliminated. The next one was the turning point where Saiaorg decided to step in himself, he easily defeats both Akeno and Gasper who he fought against. Finally in a battle royale style Kiba and Rias the only remaining members of the Gremory team end up facing the remaining members of the Bael Peerage that being Regulus and Saiaorg himself, which resulted in a one sided victory for the Bael team. After two days the match begins between Seekwaria Agares and Sona Sitri. Sona sends Ruroko to deal with Seekwaria's knight but this results in Ruroko's defeat much to Sona's surprise, she had underestimated that knight. That was when Mettaton announces that the rating game will be a battle royale with everyone against the opposing team. Sona makes the plan of isolating the three team members of the Seekwaria peerage, which works against the knight eliminating her immediately. However, on hearing this Seekwaria gives the command to Alivian, the Queen of her peerage to transform into his dragon form. This results in the elimination of most of the Sitri peerage members with the exception of Momo, Saji and the king herself Sona. Alivian tries to take out Sona, but Saji takes the hit, this allows him to get enough resolve to activate his balance Breaker Malebolge Vitra Promotion, this was enough to take out Alivian in his dragon form eliminating him from the match. Sona then focuses on eliminating Seekwaria as she is the only one left using her newly learnt move Hydro Storm, taking her out and securing the win for the Sitri peerage. That was when the rating games had ended in the victory of Saiaorg Bael as well as Sona Sitri.

The teams that had won decide to celebrate given that Sona won for the team, not to mention they needed to celebrate given that Saji managed to unlock his balance breaker, out of the desire to protect the woman he loved but also defeated an Eastern Dragon which alone puts him at Middle class status. In the aftermath the teams are visited by Sirzechs and Serafall, with Sirzechs visiting the Bael and Gremory teams while Serafall visits the Agares and Sitri teams.

Sirzechs informed that Kiba along with Akeno and Gasper are selected for their promotion to mid class devils, much to their joy as well as the joy of their master, while Serafall informs that Saji and Alivian will be considered promotion for the mid class devils given their performance at the rating game. Sona was proud that Saji was progressing at a much faster rate this time around and knew that Saji will be high class in no time, he reminded her of how Issei was once he used to fight for Rias, she was a bit jealous back then that she was not able to help her friend while Issei did so, but the last thing she expected was that Rias to have betrayed Issei for his perversion. Sona shrugged her head of all the bad memories and went to congratulate Saji for his amazing performance as well as his selection for mid class promotion.

The teams then head home to celebrate their victory against the Sitri peerage as well. Issei then invites Kiba and Gasper given their selection for the  promotion of the middle class devils. Issei had a small talk with Kiba about is there anyone he once loved to which the knight had a small blush but did not reveal anything to Issei for the time being. Which Issei understood what he meant. After all it was the day of enjoyment and he did not want to ruin anything.