52

After being fed the medicine, Shen Yu's lips looked a little more red compared to his pale face. It made him even more attractive, like a field of white snow marked with a stroke of vermilion.

Shang JunLin still remembered the touch of those lips.

The bitterness of the medicine couldn't hide the sweetness of that feeling.

The tip of a red tongue emerged from Shen Yu's mouth and swept across his ruddy lips. Shang JunLin's eyes darkened.

Shang JunLin put down the things in his hands and reached out, touching Shen Yu's forehead to test his body temperature. He didn't feel as cold as before.

Shang JunLin gradually relaxed.

Imperial Physician Gu had said that as long as Shen Yu woke up, there was no serious injury.

Shen Yu was confused by Shang JunLin's actions. "Your Majesty, did something happen?"

"Everything is fine."

"Is Your Majesty hiding something from me?" Shen Yu narrowed his eyes. The man in gray had obviously done something to induce this sudden illness.

Shang JunLin knew that Shen Yu wasn't easy to fool. He reluctantly told him what happened on Cangqi Mountain. "This emperor sent the Hidden Dragon Guard and imperial guard to find that person. There will be results soon."

Shen Yu had been lying in bed for most of the day and was beginning to feel uncomfortable, especially his mouth, which had an inescapable bitterness. The taste didn't match any medicine he could remember.

He tried to sit up in bed. When Shang JunLin saw it, he helped Shen Yu sit up and stuffed a cushion behind his back. "How does the noble monarch feel now?"

"Fine, but my mouth tastes extremely bitter." Shen Yu frowned, complaining, "What kind of medicine did they use this time? It tastes terrible."

Shang JunLin got up and brought him a cup of water. "Drink a little."

Shen Yu was so eager to get rid of the bitterness in his mouth that he took a large mouthful from the cup.

Huh?

It was sweet.

He pursed his lips and took another sip.

When Shang JunLin saw his face relax, he said, "Imperial Physician Gu prepared a new prescription. In order to maximize the effect, he didn't add anything to improve the taste."

"No wonder I tasted it even in my sleep." Shen Yu understood. "Is this honey water? It tastes sweet."

"Yes." Shang JunLin nodded. "This emperor was worried you'd awaken with a bitter taste in your mouth and prepared it in advance."

After drinking the entire glass, Shen Yu instructed Shang JunLin to bring him some fruit preserves. After eating sweet-tasting foods for a while, the bitterness in his mouth was finally overcome.

By now Shen Yu was curious enough to delve into other issues, such as...

"Your Majesty, how did I manage to drink such bitter medicine?" Shen Yu knew exactly how willful he was when it came to this subject. If no one indulged him, it was fine, but otherwise it was impossible to get him to drink something so vile-tasting, especially when he was unconscious.

In his previous life, he fell comatose multiple times due to illness. Every time it happened, his subordinates and doctors were helpless to do anything. He could only take medicine after he awakened.

The doctors who treated Shen Yu told him more than once that whenever he was asleep, they worried Shen Yu would never wake up. They hoped Shen Yu would have a change of heart and stop resisting taking his medicine when he was unconscious. After all, he drank it easily when he was awake.