Chapter 26: A Big Commotion

That night, after being evaluated for injury by Ieiri, the first year students were given clearance to return to their usual activities without worry. In reality, the wounds sustained felt a lot worse than they actually were; the most severe being a fractured rib that Itadori would have to be mindful of for the next few days and return regularly for examinations to ensure it was healing properly.

Fushiguro's main concern were the large, darkish-purple bruises that peppered his body in all places that hurt no matter what position he sat or laid down in. For once, upon completion of a mission, Haku was the only student not needing the infirmary.

Now, quiet hours of the night, the world has gone to sleep. In his room, Fushiguro had been lying down on his bed, propped up by pillows against the wall and was doing his best to relax after the events of the afternoon. He busied his mind, engrossed in a book that had been recommended to him and to his surprise, he was actually enjoying it. So much so, he almost didn't hear the faint sounds of voices growing louder as it seemed to be getting nearer.

Hesitant, he stopped reading and paid attention to the strange sounds.

"...guro."

"Oi- we know you're in there."

"Open the door!"

"Fushiguro!"

There was no mistaking what he had heard and he could feel his mood sinking to the depths beneath the floorboards as he recognized the two standing outside his doorway. However, Fushiguro didn't need to get out of bed, those two did the work for him. Violently, his door swung open with a force that rattled the walls as it slammed against it. Appearing in the doorway was Itadori and Kugisaki in their pajamas and angrily stomping inside without being welcomed in.

"Hey! No one said you could barge in like this!" Fushiguro hissed, sitting straight up but that was a mistake as it pressed against a large bruise on his back.

Kugisaki didn't stop for pleasantries; she took the room by storm and pounded her fist against the nightstand, eyes narrowing to pierce Fushiguro's as she scowled, "You got some explaining to do."

"Excuse me?" Fushiguro scoffed, still unsure just what these two planned to make a commotion about at nearly eleven in the evening.

Itadori, who followed Kugisaki into the room, nodded like an underling as he folded his arms across his chest to toughen his stance, "Yeah! Explain!" he copied, tone and all.

"The only explaining needing to be done here is by the two of you. Get out of my room!" Fushiguro shot back as he attempted to get up to his feet and angrily pointed to the doorway.

"Not so fast!" Kugisaki dismissed, pushing him back down onto the bed as he let out a pained exhale. She blocked the way to the door as the two were at eye level with one another. "Now tell us— who the hell was that person from earlier?!"

In a panic, Fushiguro's complexion turned a shade paler as his eyes grew wide, fiercely glancing to the doorway, "Shh— Keep your voice down!" He whispered aggressively, "Haku Senpai's room is at the end of the hallway. They could hear us with how loud both of you are."

Itadori took a step forward, tilting his chin up to blatantly look down upon him, quite enjoying his role of 'bad guy', "Oh we will, but you gotta start talking first buddy. Answer our questions!" he yelled, but secretly was beaming with excitement inside.

"Alright alright!" Fushiguro quickly caved; he waved his hands signaling defeat, "Close the door already. Do you want the whole world to listen?"

Kugisaki and Itadori's faces immediately lit up as they jumped around chanting, "Hurray! Story time in Fushiguro's room!"