Chapter 5

~~~
A week later

My parents freaked out when I told them about my fake marriage with Samuel. My dad was so angry, he even wanted to talk with Sam's dad and cancel this whole thing. After a few days, I finally convinced them that it'll be just a few months and that I need to do this, for Sam, my best friend.

I guess my parents are just traumatized from their arranged marriage in the past. I totally understand them though.

When we announced the news to Sam's parents, they didn't want to wait any longer and decided that we should do an engagement party in the next few days.

So...here I am.

Dressed in a V-neck, long, black dress. My diamond engagement ring taking all the attention

The party is taking place at Garcia's best hotel "Garcialux" which had a big hall for parties and luxury screamed everywhere.

Woah, there are a lot of people here. It was nicely decorated, with a lot of flowers and candles.

"Hey, fiance." I giggled and kissed Sam's cheek.

"Oh hey." He did the same and took a step back, admiring my dress. "You look stunning!"

"Aw, thank you. You look very handsome, too."

We somehow got used to this and just acted like we always do. Our playfulness is definitely the best part of our friendship.

We greeted some other guests then sat down on one of the tables, somehow tired from people.

"Lina, I want to say a few things. So, please don't feel uncomfortable, it's just fake and we'll get past this. Secondly, you can do whatever the fuck you want, just like me. If you now find a sexy, older, man to fuck, I would totally be like: Yes bitch! Go for it!"

I started laughing immediately.

"I really hope so, Sam."

"Yeah, same. I believe in you and your- whatever it is, thing, for men who are not your age."

I chuckled and kissed his cheek again. "Thanks, baby. By the way, I need a drink." I said with a mischievous smile on my lips.

"Go and have one, baby. And try to have some fun." He winked at me and I blowed him a kiss.

Walking away from the crowd, I exited the big hall and made my way to the bar which was located in another room.

I was about to entry when I saw someone sitting there. A man.

He is sitting on the stool. A black shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the top three buttons open, accentuates his skin. There is a tension to the way he sits, a restlessness. One broad palm around the glass filled with amber liquor. He swirls the drink close to the rim, allows it to settle then raises it to his lips.

I pause in the doorway for a moment, my fingers tight around the cold brass of the handles, debating if I should interrupt his 'alone' time. Then, drawing a deep breath, I stride across the dim-lit room. His eyes snap up, finding mine as my breath stopped for a second. Our gazes hold for a moment before I turn mine down to my feet, too embarrassed. The pounding in my chest echos down through my stomach and legs, before settling as a warm throb between my thighs.