Explanation of 102 (Feel Free To Skip)

This chapter if for all who are interested in having a deeper knowledge of my random word spews, so feel free to skip this chapter if you want. The next chapter should be out in the next few days, although I do have a lot of schoolwork piling up because I procrastinate so that could turn into a week or so.

Trash_Raccoon's theory was pretty close to what I was envisioning -

I think it's like, the Holomyths but they're actual mystical beasts and they've been frozen due to time (or something else???). For example, the creature with the pocket watch is Amelia and the one I wrote this comment under is Gura. I could be wildly wrong, but hey who knows.

Before continuing, I would like to mention that this is all based off of a fanmade Hololive game over on itch.io called Holoquest (really fun to play, around 5ish hours long so perfect to burn some time with). The creator, Avraxas, came up with the fun idea that the members of Hololive had an alternate form called an Idol Beast which they are forced into when they become injured enough, to make a long story short.

I really loved this idea and decided to build upon it for my own enjoyment until I ultimately made a late night word spew six months later.

The semblance of a storyline starts with Ina and Ao-Chan, and in like most other fics, Ina succumbing to Ao-Chans influence, though in this case the ancient god is extremely protective to those who are close to Ina or those who she cares about, like her co-workers at Hololive. 

With her growing paranoia and her ability to keep Ao-Chan under control wavering, the priestess started to distance herself until she eventually snapped. The result was a majority of Hololive's talents being forced to change in order to survive, essentially being forced into corruption. Sadly, most of the behind the scenes employees, like A-Chan, were killed in the attack.

As a last ditch effort to keep herself from destroying the world, Ina took herself and the corrupted talents to the most remote place she could think of where no life could survive, and that was deep within the Earth's crust in the Antarctic, which is why most of the beasts were alive, but encased in ice.

As mentioned in the previous chapter, the main character was originally Amelia who only managed to escape Ina's influence by fleeing to another timeline, finding out all too quickly that there was no way she could save anyone but herself. This only mad Ina more insane, blaming herself that she couldn't keep everyone safe. So when Amelia eventually returns Ina latches on to her (because I'm soft when it comes to Iname) and tries to convince her to join the rest of their friends.

Amelia refuses, and although Ina isn't mad, she doesn't let her leave either. The detective then spends decades trying to jump further and further back in time to help, but in one of her jumps she made a minor miscalculation which was more than enough for Ao-Chan to take and break her watch, effectively keeping her trapped.

The rest is left up to your imagination, mainly because I haven't fully fleshed out what happens after that. Also, as promised, some art I spent more than fifteen minutes on of Amelia's Idol Beast form because it's probably the one I've thought about and fleshed out the most.

 Also, as promised, some art I spent more than fifteen minutes on of Amelia's Idol Beast form because it's probably the one I've thought about and fleshed out the most