Flawless Comeback! CH-80

Narrator: It is an early Thursday morning, the fourth day of the school tag tournament as Ash and Serena are still peacefully asleep. With the incident at the museum from the day before, our heroes are now going to face their next opponents in the quarter final of the tournament.

Ash slowly started to wake up. As he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Serena laying on top of him with her head on his chest, supported by her hands as she looked him straight into the eyes, smilingly. She was wearing her pyjamas that she always wore during their travels. She also had her purple ribbon in her hair.

 She also had her purple ribbon in her hair

"Morning Ash." Serena spoke soothingly. Ash was startled a bit as he didn't really expect her to be awake already but his expression soon turned into a smile. "Morning Serena." He spoke softly as he smiled at her.

"Did you sleep well?" Serena whispered softly.

"Yeah, and with you here in my arms, it makes it even better." Ash replied as he slowly moved his hand up and tucked some of Serena's hair behind her ear. She smiled as she moved up a little and placed her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes for a couple seconds. Ash wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly as he wanted her to be as close as possible to him. He loved it, having her in his arms, it was something he couldn't get enough of.

 He loved it, having her in his arms, it was something he couldn't get enough of

"I love you Ash---" Serena whispered softly as she hugged him.

"Me too Serena--- I love you too..." Ash said as he also closed his eyes for a bit. The two of them stayed like that for a little while longer, enjoying the warmth of having eachother this close. They loved eachother dearly and never wanted to let go of eachother.

A few hours later, Ash and Serena stood side by side on the battlefield. The sun was shining brightly and the crowd was going wild. Pikachu sat proudly on Ash's shoulder while Lucario stood next to him, smirking. They were in the quarter finals and they were smiling determinedly. Nothing was gonna stop them from winning the whole thing.

Across from them stood another duo that had been very powerful throughout the tournament. Brock and Misty who both had a smile on their faces.

Flashback to Wednesday evening