1.28

After sending Zhao Chengnan away from Beijing, Xiao Zimo took Wu Bai and the two back to Wu's house.

    Seeing Wu Kangan waiting at the gate, Xiao Zimo felt a little guilty for some reason, but when he thought that he had done nothing, he straightened his waist again.

    When he thought that he was about to meet his future father-in-law and mother-in-law, Xiao Zimo hurriedly sorted out his clothes and found that they were neat, so he felt relieved and followed Wu Bai and the others into the house.

    "Second brother, what about Dad and the others?" Wu Bai turned around and found no one.

    "They didn't come." Wu Kangan replied while helping his husband into the room.

    "How could this be?" Wu Bai was a little puzzled.

."Isn't my eldest brother pregnant? I'm about to give birth. My father and mother were worried that the two of them would not take good care of them, and they were inexperienced, so they stayed for the time being, saying that they would come back to the capital when there was a chance." Wu Kangan explained.

    Xiao Zimo: "..." Don't ask, asking is just another heartache!

    "Then what about my marriage with Brother Bai?" Xiao Zimo asked eagerly.

    Hearing Xiao Zimo's words, Wu Kangan laughed unceremoniously, and silently lit a candle for Xiao Zimo in his heart.

    "It's okay, our brother Bai is still young. There was a time when Brother Bai thought that his mother and father were going to marry him, and he was scared and fell ill. After that, the mother and father said that they would keep Brother Bai for a few more years. It's only years, you should be able to wait, right?" Wu Kangan pretended to comfort him.

.Hearing this, Xiao Zimo felt that the sky was about to fall, and he looked at Brother Bai with aggrieved expression.

    Brother Bai didn't know how to comfort him at this time, so he had to slip away.

    ......

    This day, when Xiao Zimo returned home, he suddenly found that his ears were much clearer, so he invited a servant to ask, "Why is the old master so quiet today, what happened?"

    "In the afternoon, the slave heard the master talking to the old gentleman, as if he was talking about 'the Book of Rites', 'there is still a marriage or something', and the other villains don't know." The servant thought back and replied.

    Xiao Zimo became anxious when he heard it. He was worried that the Xiao family's husband would take advantage of his absence and go to the Minister of Rites to arrange the marriage without his knowledge.

    After waving the servants back, Xiao Zimo hurried to the yard where his parents were.

.The two of them were a little surprised to see Xiao Zimo come to their place on their own initiative, so they took the initiative to ask, "Zimo, why are you here?"

    Xiao Zimo controlled his anger with a cold face, and asked in a low voice, "Did you go to Su's house to propose marriage for me?"

    Seeing that he had rushed here just to ask this, Mother Xiao snorted coldly and said, "What you think is quite beautiful, we said before that we were going to the Su family to propose a marriage to you, but you disagreed with life and death, but now it's better, others Su Li is already engaged to someone else, it's too late for you to regret it now!"

    "What? Su Li is engaged? You didn't go to Su's house to propose marriage for me!" Xiao Zimo was shocked, but he quickly reacted and left happily.

    After he left, Mother Xiao said, "What do you mean by him? Are you happy or unhappy?"