Chapter thirteen.

I started my walk around the case, looking out at all the creatures with a fond look on my face, memories of how me and Newt acquired them flashing through my mind, I pulled out my wand and flicked it over, sending feed towards the Diricawl. I heard a chuckle from behind me and turned around, seeing Jacob interacting with the bouncing Mooncalves, I recognised a kindred spirit within him, a good friend to become for myself and Newt, and by the look on Newts face, he saw it as well. The only other creature I could see gone was the Erumpent, I saw Newt and Jacob coming towards me, Newt's walk was brisk and purposeful, making me wonder what happened to the happy mood he was in earlier. He saw me watching him and nodded to the icy enclosure, shroud in a deep green tent, I clammed up at the memories that came flooding back and encasing me, I shook my head and looked back at the empty enclosure, "The Erumpent is gone."

Newt looked at Jacob, "So, where would you say that a medium creature that likes broad, open plains—trees—water holes—that kind of thing—where might she go?"

"In New York city?" Jacob asked, more to himself.

"Yes." I stated.

"Plains?" -Jacob shrugged, then a thought came to him- "Ah—Central Park?"

"And where is that exactly?" Newt asked, I nodded in agreement.

"Where is Central Park?" Jacob repeated.

"Yeah, we're from London, we don't know New York." I commented.

"Well, look, I would come and show you guys, but don't you think its kind of a double cross? The girls take us in—they make us hot cocoa"

"You do know realise that when they see you've stopped sweating, they'll Obliviate you in a heartbeat." Newt commented, looking at Jacob through his curly unruly hair.

"What does 'Bliviate' mean?" Jacob asked, looking between the two of us.

"It means that you will close your eyes, a spell will be cast and then you will have no memory of magic at all. It will be like none of this ever happened, like we never existed." I explained, watching his reaction.

"I won't remember any of this?" He asked, looking around the case with diminished wonder.

"No." Newt replied.

"All right, yeah—okay—I'll help you." He stated.

I picked up the bucket by my feet and began to walk away, I looked back at the boys, "You boys coming to save some fantastic beasts, or what?"