O N E

"Thank you all for coming! You guys are amazing, and I love all of you. Be safe getting home!" Shawn ran off stage as the lights went dim. While everyone started to depart from their seats, I stayed put not wanting to get shoved while trying to leave. Seeing him in concert was amazing, and after the show, I was going to meet him for the first time. Needless to say, I'm very excited.

"Meet and greet this way, please! Have your badges at the ready to make things quicker!" I held my badge closely to my chest feeling like it could disappear out of thin air. I can't believe this was happening, Shawn was just a few feet away from me. The guy who made the long tiring nights less dark, the guy who made the darkest days feel bright and alive. He didn't know me, but even so, he helped more than anyone I knew personally.

"Next! Please scan your badge here, and may I see your ID?" The guard instructed. I scanned my badge and once I managed to fish out my ID I was let through. Shawn was talking to the stage crew as I walked it. It was a tiny room with a professional photography camera and two stage crew guys. I was shocked they didn't have security in here. But I guess they are just right outside the door.

"Stand on the 'X' and pick a pose. You get two photos and two minutes to talk," one of the stage guys instructed. I looked through the two pages that had pose ideas on them. I just picked the two cutest ones as I didn't want a basic photo. I walked over to the red 'X' on the floor and the guy with a bright yellow beanie nodded over to me. Shawn's attention shifted from the beanie guy to me.

"Hey! I'm so sorry, I didn't hear you come in. All the girls before you were practically crying. So the noise caught my attention. How are you doing? Did you like the show?" Shawn walked over to me and hugged me.

"Hi, you're totally fine. No worries, I was picking our poses anyways. And yes! The show was absolutely beautiful, I had a blast. It was great seeing you live finally." I felt the blush rise to my cheeks.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it. How about we knock through these photos and we talk a bit more?" Shawn suggested. I nodded and repositioned myself on the 'X'.

Our poses were cute, the first one was hugging and smiling at the camera. Then the next one was us making a funny face at each other, but neither of us could stop laughing at the faces we were making. We got to look at the photos before we continued talking. As they were printing Shawn had asked if I came here with anyone.

"No, I came alone. Though not the smartest idea. As I was walking in the venue, some guy selling over priced merchandise made a comment on my body and proceeded to follow me until he was stopped at the venue door," I was used to this. Though it's still scary and there have been a few times we're it almost got ugly.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry to hear about that. Please be careful when you leave the inside of the venue. If you want I can ask a security guard to talk you to your car." Shawn had a worried look on his face. His eyes were locked with mine, his eyes showed sincere concern. "Actually that would be amazing. Thank you so much."

Shawn nodded and we continued talking for another few minutes. Our time was up, and it seemed like it was over in a blink of an eye.

"Oh before I go, I just want to tell you something. Even though you will surely forget, I just wanted to thank you so much. You have no idea what your music has done for me. You brightened up my darkest days, and helped me through really tough times. I actually have a tattoo of lyrics from one of your songs. I know it's meant for a significant other, but when I heard Never Be Alone after my grandpa died it was like he was giving me a sign. "I may be far but never gone." That even though he isn't visually here... he's still with me. And it gets me through the day. So thank you, thank you so much."

By the time I was done venting about how much he's helped me, tears were in my eyes ready to spill. I broke our eye contact for a moment to get myself together. "Wow, honey I'm so sorry for your loss. Truly, I'm glad I could help make your day a little brighter."

He pulled me into one last hug, and when we broke away from each other we make eye contact and with my eyes, I told him thank you. Thank you for everything, thank you. His eyes were watery, and he looked like he was going to cry.

He let out a breath and whipped his eyes. "Ah! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you cry."
He smiled, "don't even worry about me. I'm okay, please get home safe. Don't drive while crying, so if you need there's a bathroom right outside this door. Use it if you need to, okay?" He put his hands on my shoulders and waited for a response. "Okay, thank you so much. It was so amazing to meet you. Have a good rest of your night Shawn."

I smiled at him, took one last look at him and left without looking back. I knew if I looked back I wouldn't want to leave.