Chapter sixteen.

We arrived in Central Park, which was frost covered and just a hazard writing to happen, really, I was clumsy on dry land, let alone ice covered land. We heard a low rumble in the distance, Newt stopped and pulled a protective hat from his pocket, handing it to Jacob, before looking at me, "Don't give me that look. I have a wand. I will be perfectly safe."

"Put that on." Newt stated, looking back at Jacob.

"Why—why would I need to wear something like this?" Jacob stuttered, putting the hat on regardless.

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force." Newt replied, before taking off again.

Jacob turned to me with a shocked look, I placed my hand on his arm, "At least he's honest."

With that, I took after Newt as well, I could hear Jacob running behind us, and honestly, I didn't know what to expect here, I was feeling nervous just thinking about what was about to happen. As we were outside the half demolished zoo, Newt produced a body protector, I looked at him in disbelief, "Yes, lets make the Muggle worry even more."

He ignored my comment, "Okay, if you just, uh, pop this on."

Newt stood behind Jacob and fastened the straps around him, Jacob glanced back at us, "Why doesn't she get one?"

"I have enough trust in the fact that Rosaline knows what she is doing and won't get crushed." Newt explained.

"Okay." Jacob commented, taking a shaky breath.

Trying his best to be comforting, Newt started to speak to Jacob, "Now, there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about."

"Has anyone ever believed you when you tell them not to worry?"

"I always believe him." I pitched in, trying to be helpful.

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice." Newt stated, sending me a small smile at my support of him.

Newt ran off, Jacob followed closely behind, I stayed back for a second, a bad feeling consuming me, something bad was going to happen and it was coming soon. I shook my head, trying to clear my head of those thoughts, knowing that me and Newt would be okay together, I ran after them. When I got there, I saw that Newt was trying to seduce the Erumpent, she was in season. He preformed a series of grunts, groans, rolls and moves, brandishing his backside to the creature, making me blush heavily at the action, he rolled across the floor, the creature copied, inching closer to the case, I held my breath as I watched. I then got a waft of the unmistakeable smell of Erumpent musk, her eyes turned from Newt to where me and Jacob were standing, he hadn't yet noticed, he was too busy watching the seal that had just thrown a fish at him.

"Jacob, we need to run, right now." I whispered urgently, watching as she started to inch closer to us.

He finally realised what was happening and started to run, leaving me slightly behind, "Get somewhere high, Jacob. Go!"

"What about you?" He shouted back.

"Just go! I got this!" I yelled, taking a sharp right as my foot slipped from under me and sliding across the ice, hitting a wall a high speed, making me groan.

"I can't just leave you." He screamed.

"Just get somewhere high, I promise I will be okay." I shouted, starting to run in the same direction again.

He kept running under he got a tree, he climbed the tree as high as he could get, I watched in horror as the Erumpent injected the trunk of the tree with the glowing orange substance from her horn, she started to circle the tree, making excited grunts. The tree came crashing down, I cast a spell to make Jacob slide down the hill and across the ice, I slide down after him, the Erumpent was coming at us at full force, waiting for the blow, Jacob threw himself in front of me, we waited for the impact; it never came. When we opened our eyes, Newt was on his knees in front of us, slamming the case closed, "Good show, Mr. Kowalski!"

"Thank you." I whispered, patting his arm affectionately.

"Call me Jacob." He stated, holding his hand out for Newt to shake.

Newt awkwardly shook his hand and smiled at him, he then stood up, with some minor difficulty before offering me his hand, I grabbed his hand and allowed him to pull me up, cradling my right shoulder. Newt sent me a worried look, "What happened?"

"My foot slipped out from underneath me, I hit a wall." I confessed, embarrassed at my clumsiness.

"We will sort it out when we get back into the case." He promised.

We went under the bridge, I fell over a further twice while getting there, hurting my shoulder even more, we finally set the case down, Newt went down first and Jacob helped me lower down into Newt's arms, as I wouldn't have been able to go down on my own with how my shoulder was.