Chapter seventeen.

The comforting smell of the leather and animal feed filled my nose as I took my coat off, with great difficulty. Newt helped me sit down on the small stool we carried with us, he turned to Jacob, "Jacob. Can you please see the Niffler went back to his nest?"

"Of course, does he need feeding?"

"Yes, that small bucket of yellowish feed there." Newt replied, pointing to the bucket.

"I'll be back soon." Jacob promised, exiting the shed.

Newt turned his full attention back to me, I smiled softly at him, my face flushed from the cold weather and the pain that was coursing through my shoulder and whole right side. He set about finding some pain relieving potions, he finally found what he was looking for and mixed it with various other plants and herbs before handing me the mug, which smelt foul, I glared at the mug and then looked up at him.

He chuckled under his breath, "You always did hate taking your medicine."

"Because it always tastes so bad." I grumbled, looking at the thick green substance he had given me.

"It will take the swelling and pain right down. Do I have to do the old trick your mom taught me?" He asked cheekily.

"I'm not a child, Newt." I chuckled.

"Well, take your medicine then."

I sighed and took a deep breath before swallowing the liquid in one gulp, almost gagging at the horrible taste, "That's even worse than anything I have ever had before."

He chuckled and took the mug from me, setting it on the bench, he pulled up a crate and sat in front of me, staring right at me, I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, not liking the attention, "What?"

"You have ice in your hair." He stated.

"Oh." I commented, reaching up and trying to get it out.

"Can I?" He asked, his voice shaking and his face red.

I nodded and leant forward a little, he brushed his hands through my hair, smoothing it out and wiping the ice from my hair, he brushed his hand down my face a little, tucking my hair behind my ear and staring straight into my eyes. I found myself leaning forward slightly, I could feel his breath on my face, I could count the freckles on his face he was so close, as he was leaning in as well a knock sounded throughout the case, it was coming from outside the case. Jacob came running back into the shed, I grabbed my coat and put it back on, Newt looked over at me, "Stay here please, where its safe?"

"Not a chance, I'm coming with you."

He mumbled something about stubbornness and started to climb the ladder, he opened the top and stepped out, helping me up at the top, and I helped up Jacob, we found ourselves in front of many different high up officials from around the world, including