♛ 51

Mark scoffed, tired of this endless hide and seek. Mark knew Xiaojun made him chase him around like a fool, but there was no other option. He could not just let him run away. Specifically, out of his watch. The latter believed it was the only way to tire Mark out, but unfortunately for him Mark's determination caused a rapid increase in his energy.

There was only one way left—to face him and fight.

Xiaojun abruptly stopped, turning around to face his beloved friend with a melancholic smile. He took out his sword, ready to face his destiny. Despite the fact that he did hate fighting his own friend, he had no other option.

It was a life or death moment for the both of them.

"I have to say Mark," Xiaojun began talking. "I hate this as much as you do."

Mark scorned. "Oh yeah? What if I don't hate this?"

"I know for a fact you do." Xiaojun said before launching his first attack on him.

Mark successfully nudged his movements, given his fast reflex was superior to the latter's tactics. Mark tried to tackle him down, but Xiaojun moved around too much for his liking.

It felt weird fighting his own friend in a real fight. But he knew he needed to separate his personal feelings and his work, he needed to keep it professional.

Mark managed to throw Xiaojun a punch, hitting him right on his stomach. But the moment he succeeded in doing that, he lost his senses for a second—a vital second. Because right after that, Xiaojun managed to attack him with his sword, hitting his shoulder.

Mark groaned in agony, throwing himself backwards. But he did not give up. He refused to die even if it means killing his own best friend. He knew he was far more capable than him, but he just could not bring himself to let all of his potentials out.

Xiaojun chuckled, lifting his sword up. "What's the matter, Mark? Have you grown tired of all this?"

Mark loosened his necktie before taking it off, wrapping it around his left palm. Xiaojun could feel the difference in aura, immediately growing anxious. Mark took out his favorite hand blade, also known as a shuriken. 

"Who do you think I am?" He scoffed, running towards him before throwing one, hitting Xiaojun's lower stomach.

He then sprinted away from him, throwing one more towards Xiaojun's leg. Mark managed to enhance his strength and speed in just seconds, snapping himself out of his personal feelings.

But Xiaojun did not let him had his own fun. He took out his knife, throwing it towards the man in front of him. But unfortunately for him, Mark managed to catch it right before it hit his eyes. Luckily for him, he had previously wrapped his palms with his necktie, preventing the damage of the knife. But that did not stop it from slicing his palms.

Mark threw the knife away, staring at his blue necktie which was now stained with blood. 

"Still as quick as ever, Mark Lee." 

Even after fighting for half an hour already, none of them seem to have given up. They were both too greedy yet hesitant. They could not let their full power out, they were reluctant to do so.

This reminded Mark of Sunwoo who killed himself in order to let him win. The situation was similar, only Sunwoo decided to be the one to lose. 

The two then fought each other again. More blood being shed, energy slowly becoming drained, yet the two refused to die. It was then when they both collapsed, too tired to continue but too strong to die just yet.

Mark stood up, panting to steady his breath. He could kill Xiaojun right here, right now, but he was struggling to get his mind straight. Same with the latter, he could kill Mark right at this given moment, but he was too reluctant to even think about rising his sword.

"I can't do this," Mark muttered, finally admitting his feelings. "You kill me instead, Xiaojun."

HI EVERYONE I'M BACK! 

i know it took me so long to update and i'm sorry for that, school has been hectic for the last few months and i had exams for a month straight. but the good news is that i finally finished my exams and thank god i got straight As !!