Chapter twenty-one.

We all climbed down into the case, we thought it best to stay in the shed and give Tina the tour later on, she was staring at me as we waited for Queenie to let us out. She was looking around in wonder at the shed, wondering how so much clutter could fit into such a small space, and then her gaze landed back on me, I looked away from Newt and I looked back at her, "I know you are dying to ask."

"Gellert Grindelwald is you father? You two are complete opposites." She blurted.

"My mom is a Muggle, she has magical ancestry, but it skipped her, it was a summer romance, he left the day after she told him she was pregnant, I received some letter from him when I was in school, but I never responded, I never wanted to." I explained, in the briefest way I possibly could.

"They are complete opposites though, Rosaline has a heart of gold." Newt stated, working at his bench, his back to us, but I would better anything his face was beet red.

"Whos this guy with a lot of 'G's' in his name?" Jacob asked.

I chuckled before answering, my face growing sombre as I actually thought about him, "He is the single greatest threat to wizarding and Muggle communities in four centuries. And he is unfortunately my father, that's why people were scared of me."

"Just because he's blood, doesn't make him your father, that's not something he deserves to be known as." Jacob stated, making me think.

Queenie let us out about twenty minutes later, we were on a roof top somewhere in New York, me and Newt walked over to a ledge, while Queenie and Jacob talked about birds and Tina was lost deep in thought. While we were standing on the ledge, Pickett clambered up on to Newt's shoulder and started clicking at us, making us smile at him. Newt wrapped his hand around mine, drawing me close, he sighed deeply, I looked over at the beautiful city skyline, "If it wasn't for the impending sense of death, this would be quite romantic."

He chuckled low in his chest, "Only you could think like that."

"It's a gift." I joked, looking over at my shoulder at him with a light blush dusting my cheeks.

He was blushing a deep red, he kept his eyes locked with mine though, "There's only Dougal now."

"The words all women want whispered to them." I chuckled, joking in uncomfortable situations had always been an unfortunate flaw of mine.

"He will be the hardest to catch." He commented, not even acknowledging the joke I made.

Before I could reply, we heard Tina exclaim, "Gnarlak!"

"Excuse me?" I asked, taken aback by her outburst.

"He was an informant of mine when I was an Auror! He used to trade in magical creatures on the side—"

Me and Newt shared a hopeful look, "He wouldn't happen to have an interest in paw prints, would he?"

"He's interested in anything he can sell." She commented.

A new sense of hope was blooming in my chest, but I wasnt going to cling to it too tightly, yet.