♛ 53

"No, no, Dasom!"

Dasom looked down at her stomach, noticing that blood was starting to drip from her lower abdomen. She was about to fall but Mark managed to catch her in his arms, wrapping his arms around her now fragile body.

She knew this would happen, she had calculated every single move she made. There was no other way, she did what she had to do.

On the other hand, Taeyong had predicted this way before anyone could. The moment he knew Mark was meant to kill Xiaojun, he knew he could not do it. Only Dasom could make him do it but that would most likely cause her something great in return—her own life.

She was heading straight to the edge, so she picked her poison and it was him.

Dasom let out a chuckle, vision starting to get blurry but she tried to keep her consciousness for a bit longer. "Hey, don't look at me like this."

Mark shook his head, not believing what just happened. He had just lost his friend, he could not lose her too. Not the person he wanted to be with the most.

"You idiot, I told you to go. Why would you—fuck we need to get you out of her."

He lifted her body and she grimaced in pain, making him put her body down once more. He pulled his phone out, anxiously dialling Jeno's phone.

"Jeno you need to get the medics here now! Dasom's losing a lot of blood, just track my phone for my location and send them here."

He then ended the call, putting his phone down before taking off her coat. He wrapped it around her wound to stop it from bleeding, applying some pressure to it.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here." He spoke softly, eyes glistening in tears. 

"S-sorry, Mark. I had to do it." She choked out, still fighting the urge to pass out. Mark shook his head, hands now soaked with blood. 

The feeling in the pit of his stomach made him feel sick. Though he was used to killing, the thought of taking his own friend's life and Dasom's life just drove him over the edge.

"Stop saying that, you're not going anywhere."

"Mark," she called, earning a hum from the male. "Do you really mean it when you said you want to be with me?"

Mark stared at her with a longing look, cupping her cheek with his hand. He nodded his eyes, "of course. I mean every single word. Shit—I'm so sorry Dasom I didn't mean to—"

"Can I be yours now, then?"

Mark felt the tears finally falling from his eyes as he nodded his head. He leaned down to place his forehead against her's, lifting her head with his other hand. "Of course. You're now my player two, yeah?"

"I love the sound of that, Mr. Player One,"

Mark lifted his head again to take a proper look at her face, noticing that her eyelids are starting to close. She was in pain and he blamed himself for it. 

"Mark, would you take me to try that whiskey you always order?" Dasom asked.

Mark did not know if that was a joke or if she just wanted to distract herself from the reality. But nevertheless, he compiled and nodded his head. "Of course, I'll take you there anytime you want. At the Midnight Café, yeah? So please, stay with me."

He could not help it but to break down. All the walls he had built for years finally collapsed, watching as she was no longer conscious. He let out an agonizing sob, pressing his forehead against her again.

He refused to believe this was true, that this was the reality. No matter how bitter his life before, he denied the reality and wished he could go back in time. He had all and then most of her, some and now, none of her. That was the atrocious reality he never wanted to believe.

Soon enough, the medics came and they pulled him away from her as they took her body. Jeno and Jaemin arrived not long after that too, pulling Mark away from the scene as he was still mourning.

Somehow it would always end this way. His tears on her face—her blood on his hands. He kept his promise and won the game, but he lost his world at the end.

The poets one day would claim their lives as a tragedy worth retelling. But for now, it was just another casualty in this corrupted world.

 But for now, it was just another casualty in this corrupted world

noooooooo dasom:(