epilogue

Two years later

After the Great Fiasco ended two years ago, the atrocious game ended with it. Phantom Viper now took over the uptown and the mafia was still in control of the downtown. The 23rd district was finally destroyed for good so that no more wars will happen in the future.

The Neo Mortem Mafia and Phantom Viper were still arch nemesis, but they were not at war against each other anymore. The mafia now successfully gained a legal license to run business in the country, being at the peak of their career.

Doghyuck took his father's place in the organisation as soon as he graduated, now being the underboss of Phantom Viper. Renjun remained as one of the best hackers and Jeno and Jaemin became one of the highest paying hitmen in the entire organisation.

Heeseung and Taeyong are still in the mafia. Heeseung just got promoted to be the boss' right hand, alongside his brother who remained as the underboss. 

Mark on the other hand, he was the country's top assassin. He received job offers and missions from everywhere around the world. He never failed in his missions and he always finish them quickly, now able to separate his feelings with his professional work.

His parents let him be, acknowledging that he was finally successful as himself. But he was never the same anymore. He grew cold and distant to everyone, only talking when necessary.

He sighed as he plopped down in his chair, staring at the big painting in front of him. He loosened his necktie, just coming back from work. Just like any other day, his feelings remained the same as two years ago.

He stared at the framed picture on his desk, taking a sip of his liquor. He was still sitting in the corner he haunted, not failing to notice that everybody had moved on long ago. Donghyuck now accepted his faith in becoming the heir of Phantom Viper, Taeyong and Heeseung were now in good terms, and his friends were continuing with their lives.

He was physically here but in his mind he was still there—two years ago before she went away. As much as he hated to admit it, she slipped away just like the bottle of wine he just finished. He could still hear her voice lingering inside his mind and he was convinced that he was going to lose the grasp of reality anytime soon.

He then heard a knock on his door, snapping himself back to the reality. He cleared his throat, putting down his glass. "Come in."

His assistant came in with a bunch of papers in her hand, waiting to be reviewed by him. He knew it must be the requests from people wanting to hire him. I was nothing new to him, even higher-ups now hire him to kill the people from the government.

"Here are the requests that came in today, sir."

Mark nodded, mouthing her a small thank you. She could not help but to notice that he was in a rather gloomy mood. Her attention was then averted towards the framed photo on his desk. It has been there since the first day he moved to this office.

"She looks beautiful, sir." She commented.

Mark's eyes widened, looking up at her before looking back at Dasom's picture. A melancholic smile was then curved on his face. "She a real beauty, isn't she? You can go now, thank you for these."

His assistant nodded her head, leaving him in his office. Mark let out a sigh, knowing he needed to get back to work. He started scheming thorough the papers, deciding which one he will take. Another hour pass by and he was finally done with work for today.

He took his coat, along with his car keys. He then headed towards his car and drove towards the Midnight Café, wanting to enjoy a decent drink for the night.