eight

It was finally the time to go home. Daeun walked through the hallway alone as she searched for the car keys in her handbag. She went to the parking lot and stopped in her tracks as soon as she saw a familiar male figure standing near her car.

Bina was standing right next to him and smiled when she saw her standing at the entrance. "Daeun-ah!"

She couldn't help but approached them since she needed to get into her car to go home. Daeun forced a smile as she tried to calm her racing heart.

Her abusive boyfriend who had hit her with a car to be with his mistress was standing right in front of her. "Daeun-ah," he grinned softly. "Doyun," her words trembled.

"Wanna know something great? Doyun is going to this school too! You guys can catch up with all the previous stories! I'm sure you both have something to talk about," Bina exclaimed excitedly.

Daeun glared at her cousin, "Bina." The said cousin ignored her calls and sighed before putting her sunglasses on, "Oh well, I'm off to go shopping. Ha Doyun, make sure to take care of her, okay?"

She watched as Bina got into her car and drove away. Daeun rolled her eyes and opened her car door. Doyun grabbed her arm, "Ahn Daeun."

She slapped his hands away, "Get away from me!"

"I'm sorry, okay. For everything."

"You tried to kill me, Ha Doyun. What if someone sees us? What will your girlfriend think of you and me?"

"I'm sorry, Daeun. I didn't mean to hit you with my car, I promise. I finally realised that I only love you after all this time. Please forgive me."

"If you didn't mean to hit me, you wouldn't have just driven away. You would at least take me to the hospital. You would get out of your car and call for help, you bastard. Your apology means nothing to me."

He scoffed, "Really?" He pulled her towards him before leaning his face closer, "Does this make you feel nothing at all?"

Her heart started beating rapidly out of fear. She needed to get away but her arms were weak. She tried to gather some strength to push him away.

"Stop," she breathed out, "I'm in love with someone else."

He finally released her from his grip and looked at her with startled eyes, "Who?"

She stayed silent, trying to find the answer to his question. He held both of her shoulders, "Who?!"

She smacked his arms aggressively, "It's none of your business, you jerk!"

"Are you just saying that because you want to get rid of me?" He smirked before walking closer to her, "You can't get away from me, Ahn Daeun."

What is Bina's problem?

Why is she making me reconcile with this bastard?

She looked around and saw Sunghoon walking out of the entrance. He calmly approached his sports car and put a few of his things into the backseat.

"I'm dating him," she lied. Doyun sneered, "I'm enjoying this lie of yours, Daeun. If you're really dating him, how about kissing him right now?"

"What? You're crazy!"

"Why? You guys are dating, right."

One thing Daeun hated about herself was the competitiveness she got from her father. She slowly walked towards Sunghoon, earning a confused look.

"Ms Ahn," he called her in his soft voice. She fiddled with her fingers, "Professor, what I'm going to do now will startle you but please cooperate. I'll tell you everything later."

He furrowed his eyebrows and glanced at Doyun who was staring at them both. She cupped both of his cheeks and tiptoed so that their faces were on the same level.

His eyes widened when he felt her tender lips against his. They both pulled away and bore their eyes into one another.

"Yah! Ahn Daeun!" Doyun felt annoyed and started storming toward them. Sunghoon immediately wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her again, passionately.

Sunghoon kept his eyes fixed on the cup of coffee, ignoring Daeun who was sitting across from him. She cleared her throat and flinched when a waiter approached them to serve a plate of chocolate cake. She smiled and thanked him before facing the doctor in front of her again.

"Cake?" She offered. He nodded silently and picked up a small fork before feeding himself.

"We can't keep being awkward around each other," she finally spoke up about the topic. He put down his fork, "Right."

"It was supposed to be a one-time thing but since Doyun is attending the Park Medical School too..."

"Is he your ex? The one that you told me about when we were both at the hospital rooftop? The one who hit you with his car."

"Yeah," she nodded and sipped her hot chocolate, "I have a favour to ask."

He put down his cup and clasped his hands together, waiting for her to continue with full anticipation. "Since we kinda created a mess, can you act as my boyfriend? For a few...months?"

His heart started racing rapidly at an unusual pace. He cleared his throat and tried to hide the blush that started appearing.

"We don't have to be together 24/7. Just whenever Doyun is around. I'll pay you! So you're not doing this for free."

"You think money is going to solve everything?"

"Yeah?"

She reached for her purse and buried it deep into her handbag. Sunghoon sighed, "I just have to act like your boyfriend in front of him?"

She nodded. "Fine," he said.