↠Desolation - 046*

"i write because it makes me feel like someone is finally listening

"i write because it makes me feel like someone is finally listening."

D E S O L A T I O N —

Remus Lupin was not a prideful boy. No, he is the opposite. There is nobody Remus hates more in the world than himself. Every month he rips apart his humanity and melts off his human skin. He transforms, hatred and disgust in his bones, shredding happiness and health as his organs rearranged themselves to fit his new form.

In hope, there is desperate despair.

As each day got closer to the full moon, Remus felt all that hope, hope that maybe one day, he can just be himself again, seep into a storm drain as it flees him. It was hell, truly.

But there were moments when everything felt okay again when he truly is just himself. Not a werewolf, not afraid of himself and for the sake of his friends. Just him.

It was the next morning, Sage was the only one awake besides himself.

Remus and Sage sat at the Gryffindor table in a mostly empty Great Hall, eating their breakfast in comfortable silence. He was eating his pancakes while keeping his gaze softly on her.

Sage was staring down at a piece of parchment, official-looking in hindsight. He could only assume the worst, knowing the truth of their world, unlike most of the kids ranging the years below them.

"What happened?"

Sage was dressed quite nicely today, a tad more extravagant than usual. He assumed she was trying to make a small statement about her return, something small, but mighty. Here she was, 'healthy' and looking lovely, proving a point that she had recovered and 'all is well".

She sighed and put a hand on her forehead, a stressed expression breaking through.

"Another attack. Same type of attack, as well. Muggles are scared, but what of? they know not. I have to issue a formal statement announcing the 'full-scale investigation' like I don't know what is happened to them, and why."

Remus stared at her form, a Queen eating breakfast, fully glamorized and charged up her day, sitting at a shitty wooden table at the school where she learns magic, all whilst sitting next to her werewolf best friend.

"I. . . Genuinely cannot imagine what it must be like to be, well, you," Remus's eyes held some kind of far-off look, like he was lightyears away from where their conversation was taking place.

Sage stared back at him, puzzled by his statement. "You speak as if you have it easier than I do, Moony. Your suffering is valid, it always has been."