10. Lover

TW: attempted drugging (I forgot to add this to the list I'm sorry)

As you and Scaramouche walked in the air was filled with patrons talking. The smell of wine filled your nostrils. A few scruffy men were playing darts, others were playing poker, and 2 people were in a match of 8-ball. A few people turned their heads to look at you, some you knew some you didn't, and the sounds soon began to die down. Whispers soon displaced the cheery disposition.

"Is that the harbinger Scaramouche?"

"He has a fatui guard what's going on?"

"Should we run?"

"Why is he here?"

"Is that [Y/N]?"

You shuffled a little bit backwards, thinking about ditching the plans and just heading back. You opened your mouth to whisper to Scaramouche. Ignoring the glances and eyes watching the two of you he grabbed your wrist and went to get some seats at the bar.

Sitting down you sat to the right of him. "Two fire liquors." The harbinger spoke as he handed over the coupon from before. The bartender nodded quickly before scurrying off to attend to a bearded man at the pool table. Addressing the stares Scaramouche spoke up, "Well? There's nothing to see here, get back to drinking." The stares turned away in fear and the talking began to pick up again, but it wasn't quite the same.

Your drinks arrived and you thanked the bartender. The ice of your drink was at the bottom underneath the frothy top it. Normally the bartender would respond but the rushed to serve other customers. They went over to the "I never really like fire liquor. Sake is much more my thing. "

"Really? What's that like?" you said while stirring your drink.

"An inazuman drink. I can't exactly describe it, I'll just take you there some time."

"You haven't touched your drink" you said frowning. "Is your distaste for fire liquor that strong? We could always go to another-"

Scaramouche leaned in a bit catching you off guard. He whispered something to you. "Do you see that tall bearded man by the pool table?"

"Yes."

"Switch drinks with me when he leaves or looks away. Don't drink until then"

"Why?"

"Take this as a command. Do as I say."

You didn't want to question him and did as you were told. You of the corner of your eye you watched the man. His gaze was locked on you and Scaramouche. The bartender went up to him tapping on his shoulder. As soon as he looked away you looked away too focusing on swapping your drink quickly.
When the man looked back he saw you take a sip of the drink and he began to look at the time. You made light conversation with Scaramouche and finished one drink before moving on to the next.

Scaramouche POV

As [Y/N] swaps the drinks he watches as the bartender gets handed a small stack of cash. He tried to calm himself but in reality was enraged. 'It'll be soon, then you can deal with this' [Y/N] was drinking like there was no tomorrow and soon was slumped on the table.
"Hey slow down won't you."

"Freee drinkz, enjoy yourzelf." You slurred. He heaved a sigh but soon his eyes wandered to the scruffy man. The strange man was approaching. 'What kind of an idiot would approach a harbinger and his-' his train of thought stopped. 'assistant? No, colleague? Lover? Stop there's no time for this!'

The stranger was reaching for your arm."It seems she needs to be escorted out, I'm her brother. Sorry for being overprotective, I wanted to see how her date was going. I'll bring her home now-"

The harbinger immediately slapped his hand away. "Drop the act, I'm not stupid. You tried spiking her drink. You paid that idiot bartender." he snarled. "[Y/N] is not affiliated with you, leave."

A scene was beginning to unfold and the few remaining people looked over to see what was happening. The bartender who made the deal with the stranger spoke up, "Sir you must've had too much to drink, I think you should let her go with her brother-"

"I havent had anything to drink, and that" he said gesturing to the stranger "is not her brother. We'll be leaving then." He took your hand and tried to guide you away from the mess, but the stranger insisted and grabbed your arm. Now he was really pissed.

"I said, we're leaving." The glare he sent was fierce and full of malice. He sent a jolt of lighting sending the man writhing in pain on the floor, his body contorted and his eyes were bloodshot. A small scream was let out by the bartender and the harbinger left carrying you on his back.

[Y/N] POV-outside in the streets

"Mouchie put me downn! I can walk on my own!" Your hands were pounding on his back.

"Still as persistent as ever.. What did you call me?"

"Mouchie, put me down!"

"You can't even walk straight!" The man retorted.

"This position is uncomfortable," you whined.

"Fine then." The harbinger put you down for a second before scooping you up bridal style. "This better?" He received no response. Looking at you he saw you asleep in his arms.

"Seriously? How did you fall asleep that quick? You're like a baby!" He whisper yelled.

Scoffing he took a second to examine your face. He went back to remember the confusion he had when trying to establish what your relationship with him was. He wanted you to be his lover, but didn't want this to push you away or get you involved with all his troubles.

For now, only in his mind will you be called

his lover.

960 words.

Sorry for the short chapter! Hope u enjoyed, have an amazing day :D