Chapter two ² | Frail wrists

"Well, be careful

"Well, be careful." Tao warned the two after they'd recapped one of the times they'd talked with Nick.

"What? Why?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, Why?" Milo asked as well, curious, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"Why? Look at them. Look at us. We are a group. No, a quartet of borderline outcasts. He is the star player on the rugby team, and he's friends with a bunch of loud, gross year elevens who are exactly like the guys who bullied Charlie last year." Tao tried convincing the two, giving them pointed looks.

"But like... Nick... He's different. He's nice." Charlie counter pointed out.

Milo turns to look at Nick again nodding at Charlie's words backing him up by saying "Yeah like a golden retriever."

"I bet he's a whole different person when he's with his bro dude friends." Tao continued his distaste for Nick before looking over at Milo where he still hadn't managed to open his juice.

Grabbing the bottle out of Milo's one hand he wasn't leaning on, opening it easily before handing it over to Milo who gave him a sweet smile before sipping it.

"How can you run like a track runner but have the frailest wrists I've ever seen someone have." Tao scowled out, to others the way Tao talked would seem rude but his friends knew it was just the way he showed he cared.

"You don't need your hands to run Tao, right Charlie?" Milo explained before turning to Charlie to back him up, Charlie also being really good at running was too distracted to answer causing Milo to pout slightly.

Turning to look at Tao though he was also busy now texting someone, Milo then turned to Isaac but he was already reading again. Milo grabbed his wireless headphones putting them on instead looking through his playlists pushing the still full apple juice a bit away not wanting any for the moment.

Swiping away a message that popped up on notification from his dad, he didn't want to see whatever he had to say now.

• • • • • • •

Milo the next morning walked through the front doors frowning as Charlie wasn't there again, shrugging nodding his head to the beat of the music blasting through his wireless headphones giving polite smiles and waves to those who greeted him as he passed by.

• • • • • • •

"Here you can borrow it for lunch, I sent you a new playlist just check your messages, don't know what's up but hope it helps." Milo spoke softly, handing Charlie his wireless headphones knowing when Charlie goes to the art room he needs space for himself so Milo would let him have it.

"Thank Milo, See you later in biology. Here." Charlie thanked him before holding out half his sandwich knowing Milo probably forgot to make lunch for school again.